The Intern Group program is more than an internship – it’s an entire experience. Each program also includes everything that you need in order to make the most of your internship and your time in Madrid. All you have to do is take that step and meet us in Madrid. Our team will do the rest.
In addition to your guaranteed professional internship and housing, each Intern Group program includes the following:
A full array of top class professional development resources. The focus of our international internship programs is on participants’ personal and professional growth. Alongside developing the independence and cultural awareness of living and working in a new country, our program places equal emphasis on the enhancement of the skills and experience required to fulfill their career ambitions. There are 4 key components to our professional development suite.
- A morning with a business coach who will focus on workplace skills and other key areas of professional development.
- An afternoon working with actors at a theater in Madrid. You will use the stage for confidence building and public speaking activities. You will also be taught key body language and voice control exercises to help you excel in all professional environments.
- Self assessment HR tool typically reserved for CEOs and corporate leaders.
- A wide array of training materials to ensure you have the guidance and support to maximize the benefit of your internship experience.
Your first month’s transportation in Madrid. We provide you with a pre-loaded transportation card for the first month of your stay, giving you free and unlimited use of the metro and bus network 24/7. Transport cards typically take some time to process but we will ensure this is all prepared for your arrival. This way you can focus on settling in well and excelling in your internship.
A full calendar of social and cultural events. Our full-time local team in Madrid know the city inside out and will show you the best of it! The Spain internship program includes the following events, free of charge for all participants:
A Dinner and Flamenco show.
Enjoy a traditional Spanish night out and dive into Spanish culture with a tasty tapas dinner and Flamenco show!
Day trip to beautiful Toledo.
Toledo was declared a world heritage site by UNESCO in 1986 for its extensive cultural and monumental heritage. You will breathe in its sights and sounds, visit museums and have a traditional Spanish lunch.
A Real Madrid stadium tour and lunch.
Real Madrid is the most prestigious soccer team in the world and the guided tour of their iconic stadium, the Santiago Bernabéu, is an unforgettable experience.
In addition to these included events, we also organize regular optional activities on a weekly basis. Meet-ups are frequent, as are trips to museums, cinemas and restaurants. Our team is determined to show you the best of Madrid, and the best of Spain.
An active international community in Madrid where gatherings are constantly planned. At all times of the year we welcome talented participants on our programs from all over the world. You will immediately become part of an international community, providing you with friends and networks to last a lifetime!
Great support from our full-time local team with local expertise, from start to finish. Our full-time team in Madrid are all experts on the city’s life and culture. They are incredibly proud of it and they want to show you why. From organizing your airport pick-up and drop-off to arranging your accommodation, they will ensure that you have everything you need for your arrival and help you settle into this great city. Upon your arrival, you will receive a welcome package with your pre-loaded Madrid transportation card, city maps and important information. The team will be on hand to ensure that you have everything you need to excel in your new role.
Full-service 24/7 medical assistance while in Madrid The Intern Madrid program partners with Hospiquality and offers 24/7 emergency medical service for all participants at no extra cost. The medical service provided includes:
- Translation and simultaneous translation service during medical attention
- Hospital admissions service
- Medical services 24 hours/365 days a year
- Conventional ambulance service and critical care units
- Management and paperwork for repatriation
- Hospital transfers
- State of the art X-ray and testing services
- Management of paperwork with insurance companies. All you have to do is always have your ID card, passport or driver’s license and insurance card (original or copy) on you.