— Now Hiring: Operations Intern
Do you dream of living and working abroad? Does the idea of also helping other people achieve this experience excite you? If yes, then The Intern Group has a great opportunity to offer.
- The Intern Group organizes international internship programs in twelve cities worldwide. We are a global leader in the internship abroad sector, one of the fastest growing segments of the worldwide travel & education industries.
- Thousands of students from more than 100 countries have participated in our programs.
- We are partnered with universities and educational institutions on four continents.
- For more information, see our website at www.TheInternGroup.com
About the role:
The Intern Group is itself seeking an intern, to join us in our own office! You would be working with and learning from our Operations team, interacting with our Chief Technology and Financial Officers and other operations personnel. This is an opportunity to become involved with a global business.
The location of this role is our administrative office in Santiago, Chile, making it an ideal opportunity to complement your degree with some international experience. Spanish language skills would be welcome and useful, but are not required - the main language spoken in the office is English and we do provide Spanish lessons for all levels.
The start date is June or July 2018. The minimum term is 6 months, and the role can continue for a maximum of 12 months. We are also interested in hearing from candidates for a 6 month placement starting around January 2019.
This role pays a monthly salary and a housing stipend.
- Monitor, allocate, and reconcile transactions in the company’s bank accounts to our internal systems.
- Help pay the company’s bills and expenses.
- Attend discussions and contribute to decisions involving Financial, Technology Strategy as well as our companies general meetings.
- Help administer the company’s IT environment.
- Participate in projects to improve the company’s technology implementation.
- Build reports for both internal and external stakeholders to use.
- Adhere to deadlines and prioritise work from multiple departments.
- You will be deeply involved with financial practices, transactions, and systems.
- You will help manage a global company’s cash position, in multiple currencies.
- You will be an everyday user of spreadsheets and a CRM.
- You will develop skills in SQL and HTML indefinitely.
- You will learn about using technology for business process improvement.
- You will participate in discussions and decisions with mangers.
- You should be enrolled in a bachelor’s program, or have recently completed one.
- Preferably you are studying Business (including finance, accounting, etc.); Social Sciences (international studies, economics, etc.); or Information Technology.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Experience using MS Excel. Coding experience (VBA, SQL, html, php) is a plus.
- Familiarity with Spanish language is a plus, but not required.
- Interest and ability to teach yourself new skills on the go.
- Most of all, you must be ready to leave your “comfort zone,” to live abroad and immerse yourself in the operations of a global company.
- Positive, friendly work environment
- Monthly salary
- Housing stipend
- 31 vacation days per year (pro rated to length of position)
- Fun and friendly work environment
- Potential to grow in the role
- Opportunity to make contacts with colleagues from around the world
- Ability to participate in weekly Spanish classes for all levels
- End of month TIG events
Please send a brief cover letter (max 3 paragraphs) along with your resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject "Operations Intern." Address your materials to Orson Jordan.