— Now Hiring: Global Partnerships Intern
Do you dream of living and working abroad? Does the idea of also helping other people achieve this experience excite you? The Intern Group is a rapidly growing vibrant young company with opportunities to immerse yourself in the inner workings of a global business.
- The Intern Group organizes international internship programs in 15 cities worldwide. We are a global leader in the internship abroad sector, one of the fastest growing segments of the worldwide travel & education industries.
- Thousands of students from more than 100 countries have participated in our programs.
- We are partners with thousands of companies and universities, and span five continents. Our partnerships run the gamut of Fortune 500 corporations, renowned NGOs, governments, and Ivy League schools.
- For more information, see our website at www.theinterngroup.com.
About the role:
The Intern Group is seeking a Global Partnerships Intern to join us in our Latin American office in Santiago, Chile. You will be working with and learning from the Global Partnerships Team, including the company’s top business development associates who form and manage partnerships with universities around the world.
The position is available from July 2018 for 11-12 months. Please include details of your availability in your application.
We are looking for someone who is talented and driven, with new ideas and initiative to work in a young, exciting office overlooking the Andes mountains.
Please note that this position will be in English.
- 9:00am to 6:00pm (with one hour for lunch). These hours are flexible.
- Accommodation in the central business district of Santiago
- US $500 / month
The intern will work primarily under the supervision of the Global Partnerships Coordinator, who is based in the Santiago, Chile office. Responsibilities will include:
- Manage university fairs and informational sessions around the world by sourcing participants, organising marketing materials and creating presentations.
- International event planning including receptions and booths at conferences and alumni events.
- Conference preparation and support including organizing meetings with universities, creating briefing documents pre-conference, arranging all travel and accommodation and post-conference follow up and lead nurturing.
- Provide support for The Intern Group’s professional development and alumni ambassador program.
- Writing and editing the partner newsletter.
- Content creation and global distribution of marketing materials across program offices and partner universities.
- Administrative tasks as assigned by regional Account Managers.
- Academic background and/or work experience in business development, partnership acquisition, marketing, communications, sales or project management is appreciated, but a global perspective and can-do attitude are a must.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and excellent writing and communication skills.
- Interest and ability to teach yourself new skills and work on projects autonomously.
- Be able to work well in a team and collaborate with other departments.
- Be able to take initiative in your work and provide new ideas.
- Experience working with a remote team or working remotely is a plus.
- Living in South America – able to travel the continent before, during (31 days holiday pro rated) and after the placement
- Working with a dynamic team of young professionals from all around the world
- Working as a valued member of the team with lots of responsibility from day one
- Hardworking and professional, but friendly and dressed-down
- Monthly work-sponsored events
- Spanish classes
How to apply:
To apply please send a CV and cover letter to Sophie Hoogendijk by May 8th at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Global Partnerships Intern: [Your Name]."