Now Hiring: Business Development Intern
Do you dream of living and working abroad? Does the idea of also helping other people achieve this experience excite you? If yes, then The Intern Group has a great opportunity to offer. The Intern Group won Startup Chile in 2011 and has grown into a fun, friendly global company. We take pride in our company culture, as well as the impact our programs have on the world.
- The Intern Group organizes international internship programs in 11 cities worldwide. We are a global leader in the internship abroad sector, one of the fastest growing segments of the worldwide travel & education industries.
- Thousands of students from more than 100 countries have participated in our programs.
- We are partners with thousands of companies and universities, and span five continents. Our partnerships run the gamut of Fortune 500 corporations, renowned NGOs, governments, and Ivy League schools.
- For more information, see our website at www.TheInternGroup.com
About the role:
The Intern Group is seeking an intern to join us in our Santiago office. You will be working with and learning from the Global Partnerships Team, including the company’s top business development associates who form and manage partnerships with universities around the world.
This dynamic role provides a cross-functional learning experience and an opportunity to be immersed in the inner workings of a global business. The Intern Group is a rapidly growing vibrant young company with opportunities to thrive within various teams.
The location of this role is in The Intern Group’s administrative office in Santiago, Chile, making it an ideal opportunity to complement your degree with international experience. Spanish language skills would be welcome and useful, but are not required – we are an English speaking office.
The start date is January 2018 and the minimum term is 6 months. We will be accepting applications until November 12th.
This role pays a monthly salary and a housing stipend.
- Manage university career fairs around the world by sourcing participants, managing an alumni network, organising marketing material, creating presentations and post-fair follow ups.
- International event planning including receptions and booths at conferences, informational sessions at universities and alumni events.
- Conference preparation and support including organizing meetings with universities, creating briefing documents pre-conference, arranging all travel and accommodations and post-conference follow up and lead nurturing.
- Provide support for The Intern Group’s professional development and alumni ambassador program.
- Writing, editing and designing the partner newsletter.
- Content creation and global distribution of marketing materials across program offices and partner universities.
- Administrative tasks as assigned by regional Account Managers.
- Academic background and/or work experience in business development, partnership acquisition, marketing, communications, sales, tech or project management preferred.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and excellent writing and communication skills.
- Interest and ability to teach yourself new skills on the go and work on projects autonomously.
- Be able to work well in a team and collaborate with other departments.
- Be able to take initiative in your work and provide new ideas.
- Experience working with a remote team or working remotely is a plus.
- Monthly salary
- Housing stipend
- 31 vacation days per year (pro rated to length of position)
- Fun and friendly work environment
- Potential to grow in the role
- Opportunity to make contacts with colleagues from around the world
How to apply:
Please send a CV and 1 page max cover letter to Tamara Ellenhorn at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “GPT Intern: [Your Name]”