– – Now Hiring: Colombia Experience Coordinator
The Intern Group is the world’s leading provider of international internship programs for students and graduates across the world. We are seeking an Experience Coordinator for our Colombia destination. This is a unique opportunity to join a rapidly growing, yet world-established organization, that is helping to lead innovation in the international education sector.
The role of the Experience Coordinator aims to host, support and entertain the interns while they’re in the country. It is critical that after being placed, receiving their visa and finally arriving in the city for their internship, that the participants have a fantastic time. The role is a critical part in the feedback that we receive and ultimately whether they would recommend us to a friend.
We anticipate a start date in November 2018. The role will be located in Medellin
- Act as one of the primary points of contact while interns are in country
- Coordinate all social, cultural, and career development events for interns throughout the duration of their program
- Assist in management of social media pages for the TIG Colombia Program
- Solicit both public and private feedback from the intern about their internship and experience with the TIG Colombia Program (Key Performance Indicator)
- Ensure that each intern has an enjoyable and memorable experience
- Schedule and conduct an orientation meeting to provide an overview of the program (first Sunday of each month)
- Address any questions or concerns the interns may have regarding transportation, housing, and work experience, escalate any major to the Program Manager
- Assist in scheduling & coordination of program events, maintaining a monthly calendar and keeping the interns up-to-date
- Assist with sourcing and scheduling career development training that will increase the interns' employability after program completion
- Help with the creation of The Intern Group’s professional development trainings
- Deliver TIG’s professional development trainings
- Post on Instagram and share content with the marketing department to be shared on Facebook
- Upload first day pictures and tag participants and their universities to expand exposure to our program
- Schedule & conduct "exit interviews" with intern 10 days prior to departure to collect feedback about the program and public reviews/testimonial videos
- Induct interns into the alumni network to keep in touch with them over time in order to arrange reunions and networking events
- When necessary, meet with potential and secured company partners to discuss our program, conduct site visits, etc.
- Provide 24/7 support for the interns in case of an emergency
- Research, organize and execute all trips and events in Medellin
- Hold weekly social & cultural meetups for participants
- Help with the logistics of the interns weekend arrivals
- Be on call to respond to participant queries and questions in a timely and efficient manner
- Support the accommodation research process
- Support some administrative processes
- Communicate with each intern to gain systematic feedback and comments throughout their program
- Work as a team with the Experience Analyst and help her/him succeed in the role
- Manage university career fairs around the world by sourcing participants, managing an alumni network, organising marketing material, creating presentations and post-fair follow ups.
- International event planning including receptions and booths at conferences, informational sessions at universities and alumni events.
- Conference preparation and support including organizing meetings with universities, creating briefing documents pre-conference, arranging all travel and accommodations and post-conference follow up and lead nurturing.
- Provide support for The Intern Group’s professional development and alumni ambassador program.
- Writing, editing and designing the partner newsletter.
- Content creation and global distribution of marketing materials across program offices and partner universities.
- Administrative tasks as assigned by regional Account Managers.
Full time. Must be available weekends during the day (Most Saturdays, periodically on Sundays); also on occasion in the afternoon/evening on select days during the week.
The Successful Candidate Will:
- Be outgoing, passionate, extroverted, while also being empathetic, accommodating, and an expert in conflict resolution
- Be able to demonstrate previous experience and/or skills in logistics, customer service, and communications
- Be people focused; show an ability to communicate and build relationships with people from different countries and cultures.
- Be global in their outlook; passionate about international education and travel
- Be a team player: ability to work independently and within a team
- Enjoy challenges and be resourceful, proactive and entrepreneurial
- Be fluent in English
- Live in Medellin
- Love getting stuff done! Ideas are great, but seeing them through to completion is everything
- Be familiar with Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, and Twitter
- Have an in-depth knowledge of Medellin
- Fun and friendly work environment
- Resources for professional development and continuous learning
- Global Mobility Bonus – (up to $1000 bonus to be given to work in one of our 15 global offices for an extended period of time if targets are hit)
- Significant potential to grow the role and take on more responsibility
- Competitive salary for location (Colombia, Medellin)
- Enjoy a forward-thinking environment where autonomy and creative control are the cornerstones of our working culture
If you are interested please send your CV and cover letter (max 1 page) to firstname.lastname@example.org subject “Experience Coordinator – Colombia” stating why you are interested in the role and why you think you would be the right person. Deadline October 20th 2018.
Looking forward in having you with us!
The Intern Group