— Now Hiring: Dublin Partnerships Manager
The Intern Group (www.theinterngroup.com) is the world’s leading provider of international internship programmes for students and graduates. We’re an award winning education organisation operating in fifteen cities worldwide. Through our global network of universities, companies and charities, we’re passionate about providing the leaders of tomorrow with international professional development and cultural experiences. This is a unique opportunity to join a rapidly growing team, that is pioneering innovation in the international education sector.
About the role:
The Intern Group is seeking a Partnerships Manager to assist our Dublin team. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to develop professionally at a fast rate. We’re looking for a confident and professional individual to be responsible for our Dublin account management and facilitate the internship placement selection process for our partner companies and programme participants. The Partnerships Manager will play a central role in establishing and building positive working relationships with a range of organisations across a variety of sectors. The role will involve extensive research projects, CRM software management, direct marketing and email campaigns, client communication and networking/events. This role is ideal for someone who prides themselves on attention to detail, has exemplary interpersonal skills, enthusiasm to build new partnerships and relishes the opportunity to hit and surpass set targets. The role will be based in our Dublin office while also working closely with our team in the London Head Office, particularly focused on aligning business development strategies.
Hours: 40 hours per week
Salary: Competitive with performance related bonuses
Expected start date: December 2018
- Build positive, robust and long lasting mutually beneficial relationships with a diverse portfolio of companies and charities.
- Create and refine intelligent and productive account management strategies to build retention of partners that suit your strengths.
- Client management through email, phone and face-to-face communication
- Ad hoc complaint management with both partner companies and placed interns before and during the period of their internship
- Become key contact for the Dublin Placement Team
- Match suitable intern candidates to relevant partner organisations
- All other tasks associated with our internship placement process
- Identify key networking events for business development
- Create and execute plan to increase number of partnerships through attend meetings and networking events.
- Act as an ambassador and champion our programme to new companies and charities through accurate and engaging information.
- Turn new leads into partnerships through face to face meetings
- Meet and exceed set targets for new business identification, attraction and retention.
- Database management through our software (vTiger)
- Work with Business Development team to manage our CRM system (Contactually) and company contacts through the full process from prospects to current clients
- An array of global working group projects related to key business issues.
- Assist in the continued development and growth of a Europe and Africa team and assisting with the successful launch of new programmes within this region.
- Assist Business Development in creating innovative direct marketing campaigns and materials
- Analyse marketing campaigns to continually improve results
- Assist events with Community Manager as and when required
- Other adhoc projects/tasks as and when required
Our core values:
- People Focused - outstanding customer service
- Teamwork - ability to collaborate with a range of global teams
- Global Leadership - play a pivotal role in The Intern Group’s ambitious growth as the leading provider of internship programmes abroad
- Continuous Learning - drive to always learn, develop and progress
- Attention to detail
- Pro-active with bundles of initiative and motivated to hit set targets
- Excellent organisational skills - ability to multi-task and prioritise
- Strategic thinker and proactive attitude to problem solving
- Strong networking and interpersonal skills
- Strong written and spoken English
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Previous sales or partnership development experience
- Sound knowledge of Dublin
- Passion for travel and cultural exchanges
- Previous experience working with CRM systems
- Experience in prospecting and taking clients through a ‘sales’ cycle
- Competitive performance related bonus structure
- Opportunities for international travel
- 22 annual days leave, plus Bank holidays
- Opportunity to attend programme events
- Clear career progression paths within a high-growth and globally recognised company
How to apply:
To apply for the position send your CV and one page cover letter, addressed to ‘Mr Taco’, to firstname.lastname@example.org. The email subject should be marked as ‘Dublin Partnerships Manager’ and the closing date is 9am GMT Wednesday November 21st.
Please note we can only accept applications from those who have the legal right to work in the Republic of Ireland.