— Now Hiring: Finance Intern
Do you dream of living and working abroad? Does the idea of also helping other people achieve this experience excite you? If yes, then The Intern Group has a great opportunity to offer.
- The Intern Group organizes international internship programs in fifteen cities worldwide. We are a global leader in the internship abroad sector, one of the fastest growing segments of the worldwide travel & education industries.
- Thousands of students from more than 100 countries have participated in our programs.
- We are partnered with universities and educational institutions on five continents.
About the role:
The Intern Group is seeking an intern to join us in our own office. You will be working with and learning from our Finance team, interacting with our Chief Financial Officer and other operations personnel. This is an opportunity to become involved with a global business.
The location of this role is our administrative office in Santiago, Chile making it an ideal opportunity to complement your degree with some international experience. Spanish language skills are welcome and useful, but are not required - the main language spoken in the office is English and you may have the opportunity to enroll in our Spanish lessons for all levels.
The start date is December 2018 or January 2019. The minimum term is 6 months, and the role can continue for a maximum of 12 months. We are also interested in hearing from candidates for a 6 month placement starting around June 2019.
This role pays a monthly salary and a housing stipend.
- Monitor, allocate, and reconcile transactions in the company’s bank accounts to our internal systems
- Attend discussions and contribute to decisions involving Financial Strategy as well as our company's general meetings
- Participate in projects, as well as have the opportunity to lead your own projects and develop project management skills
- Be responsible for the refunds process, as well as being in touch with our customers regularly over email
- Adhere to deadlines and prioritise work with multiple departments
- You will be deeply involved with financial practices, transactions, and systems
- You will help manage a global company’s cash position, in multiple currencies
- You will be an everyday user of spreadsheets
- You will participate in discussions and decisions with mangers
- You will have the opportunity to develop project management skills
- You should be enrolled in a bachelor’s program, or have recently completed one
- Preferably you are studying Business; Finance; Accounting or Social Sciences (international studies, economics, etc.).
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Experience using MS Excel. Coding experience in VBA is a plus
- Familiarity with Spanish language is a plus, but not required
- Interest and ability to teach yourself new skills on the go
- Most of all, you must be ready to leave your “comfort zone,” to live abroad and immerse yourself in the operations of a global company that spans 15 destinations!
- Positive, fun and friendly work environment
- Monthly salary
- Housing stipend
- 31 vacation days per year (pro rated to length of position)
- Potential to grow in the role
- Opportunity to make contacts with colleagues from around the world
- Ability to participate in weekly Spanish classes for all levels
- End of month TIG events
How to apply:
Please send a brief covering letter (max 3 paragraphs) along with your resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject "Financial Analyst Intern”. Address your materials to Erika Londoño.