Now Hiring: Full Stack Developer
Do you dream of living and working abroad? Does the idea of also helping other people achieve this experience excite you? If yes, then The Intern Group has a great opportunity to offer.
- The Intern Group won Startup Chile in 2011 and has grown into a fun, friendly global company. We take pride in our company culture, as well as the impact our programs have on the world.
- Thousands of students from more than 100 countries have participated in our programs.
- We are partners with thousands of companies and universities, and span five continents. Our partnerships run the gamut of Fortune 500 corporations, renowned NGOs, governments, and Ivy League schools.
- For more information, see our website
About the role:
The Intern Group is seeking a Full Stack Developer to support our growing technology needs. This will be the first in-house developer role at our company. That means this role is suited for an individual who is excited by variety in their responsibilities. You will interact directly with a few key stakeholders and help them turn their ideas into product integrations, website features, and data science tools. You will also play a lead role in establishing developer best practices in our company.
The location of this role is our operations headquarters in Santiago, Chile. Spanish language skills are welcome, but not required - the main language spoken in the office is English, and fluent English will be essential to your role.
This is a 6-month contract position, with the opportunity to convert to a permanent role for the right candidate. We anticipate a start date in early January 2018.
- Create and maintain:
- Web forms where users submit data about themselves
- Social media platform integrations
- User login portal for our website
- Website content journeys based on user location and interests
- Participate in the creation of data science tools
- Investigate, recommend, and implement best practices for hosting our website and CRM content
- Act as the central point for communications about server and website changes
- Work with contractors as needed to support your role
- Proactively identify areas where we can improve the security and efficiency of our systems
- A university degree in computer science, computer engineering, or a related field
- 2 to 5 years of professional experience as a full stack developer (front end, back end, systems engineering, and client work).
- Expert in php and SQL
- Experience with HTTP protocol, RESTful services, SOAP protocol
- Expert with relational databases; non-relational database experience is a plus
- Experience in development ops and deploying technology on a cloud platform
- Excel with front-end design
- Interest and ability to continuously teach yourself new skills as new needs arise
- Play a thought leadership role in online developer forums, through mentorship, contributing to open source projects, or a related area
- Demonstrated success in building solutions that maximize results
- Fluent English
- Impressive communication skills (both written and oral). You need to be able to communicate the complexities of your work in a way that makes others appreciate your accomplishments.
- Competitive base salary
- Bi-annual bonus opportunities
- 31 days holiday time per year (prorated to length of employment)
- Fun and friendly work environment
- Resources for professional development and continuous learning
- International work opportunities
- Opportunity to join a rapidly growing company
- Potential to grow in the role
How to apply:
Please send a brief cover letter along with your resume or CV to email@example.com, subject "Full Stack Developer”. Please address your materials to Kevin Harper.