Now Hiring: Head of People
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
The strategic lead for HR and a key member of the Senior Management Team, providing inspiration, ideas and support for the organisation and every team and department.
Introduction to The Intern Group
- The Intern Group organizes international internship programmes in eleven cities worldwide offering meaningful and challenging work placements in a different culture.
- We are the global leader in the ‘intern abroad’ sector, one of the fastest growing segments of the international education & travel industries.
- Thousands of students from more than 105 countries have participated in our programmes globally.
- We are partners with leading universities on four continents.
- Our talented and diverse team are based in 11 countries worldwide, with our list of locations ever growing.
- We were founded in 2011 and have seen rapid and consistent growth. We plan to grow further, from a small/medium sized company (US $10m) to a large multinational business (US $100m) over the coming years
For more information on us, see our website www.theinterngroup.com
Introduction To The Role:
The basis of TIG’s continued growth and success is our team. This is a young and entrepreneurial organisation with a dynamic and diverse set of individuals, most of whom are millennials. Work with us to enhance and implement our culture across these offices, whilst creating structures and processes to help us to realise our vision. We are different. We do things differently. We want to make a difference and so will you.
You will guide our personnel strategy, implement HR processes, and support our people as we grow.
You will play an important strategic role within our management team. You will report to the CEO and will build and head up a crucial new function within TIG. The role will be located in one of our global offices, preferably with our London, New York or Santiago, Chile teams. International travel and working from other offices is an essential part of the role and will be required on an ad-hoc basis.
You will have a unique opportunity to make a real impact and mould a young, successful and rapidly growing organisation into a world leading institution that will continue to dominate our sector.
- A core member of the Management Team, playing an important role in strategic thinking and decision making.
- Develop and implement HR strategies across all our offices, and lead the company through crucial change management.
- Help retain and deepen the company culture.
- Provide pragmatic HR advice to the Senior Management Team.
- Create HR policies and procedures for all our global offices and company as a whole, and ensure consistent implementation.
- Global standardisation of our organizational structures, titles and job specs. Implement consistent and/or equivalent remuneration and benefits across the organization to enhance alignment.
- Promote effective teamwork and communication within and between all our global offices, sharing best practice.
- Provide resources and consultations to create an environment where management can focus on growth and key business decisions.
- Measure the effectiveness of our People Strategy with a number of key metrics, including employee morale, productivity and employee turnover.
- Conduct site visits globally to better understand our company culture and practices.
- Promote and ingrain TIG Values into our everyday company practices and culture. Ensure that everything we do as a company are intertwined within these.
- Ensure continuous learning within our organization through standardised feedback programmes and professional development initiatives for employees. Help us to improve our employee satisfaction and retention rates.
- Any other related work within the competence and experience of the post-holder.
Be Entrepreneurial - ‘Always Be Growing’ and ‘Thinking Differently’ are fundamental to everything that we do at TIG. We require an entrepreneurial person who can make the right decisions to maintain and accelerate our continued growth.
- People Focus- Have a strong People Focus. Our young workforce is key to our continued success. Understanding how to motivate and inspire them to even greater achievements will be a key barometer of success in this role.
- Continuous Learning- Promote Continuous Learning. For us to succeed, we must always be developing our skills and knowledge across the organisation. You should have a strong track record in implementing professional development & in-house education programmes on a global scale.
- Teamwork- Be a Team Player. Teamwork is fundamental to creating a unified company, focused on a common goal. You will work across our management team or directly with one of our 12 offices, building relationships and displaying first-class communication skills.
- Global Leadership- Display Global Leadership. This is not your typical HR position. It is an important strategic role that requires an ability to manage and lead projects across our global teams. Possessing a global mindset is crucial, as is experience in working across different countries and cultures.
And much more:
- Be obsessed by data. Feedback and data is crucial to every decision that we make across TIG. Understanding and interpreting this to improve our company performance, culture and employee satisfaction is a major goal.
- Have a passion for working within a young and rapidly growing business.
- Have experience in change management & implementing key HR and business processes in organisations who have been growing rapidly.
- Be comfortable working in a medium-sized organization.
- Have a professional qualification in HR or other people-related discipline.
- Have at least 3 years experience in a leadership role.
Details and benefits
- We will consider applications for both a full-time and part-time position.
- It is likely the role will be based in London, New York, Medellin (Colombia) or Santiago (Chile)
- Competitive Salary + Bonus based on experience and location
- International Travel
- Flexible working patterns
If you think your profile, background and experience closely match the job description and person specification, we definitely want to hear from you!
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 19th of January 2018 with your CV and a cover letter addressed to ‘Mr Taco’ providing us with the evidence we need to progress your application.