Now Hiring: The Intern Group’s Global Leaders Initiative
About the role:
The Intern Group is seeking passionate and driven alumni to participate in the Global Leaders Initiative, a prestigious professional development and alumni ambassador program. Global Leaders will represent The Intern Group on university campuses from October 2017 - May 2018.
The program will feature an alumni ambassador program that will allow students to gain valuable social media and marketing experience and earn commision based on enrollments from their campus, as well as a professional development workshop series. Participants will be selected based on their passion for international experiences.
- Create and maintain connections with interested students by sharing your personal international internship experience.
- Reach out to accepted applicants on your campus and engage current participants and other alumni while learning the ins-and-outs of running a globally-engaged international organization.
Specific tasks may include:
- Attending career and study abroad fairs and other campus events on behalf of TIG
- Planning and hosting informal events and engaging with interested applicants, participants and other alumni on campus
- Reaching out to accepted interns on campus within 2 business days of notification
- Maintaining campus Facebook and social media groups for TIG interns
- Sharing your TIG experience through school platforms such as the school newspaper
- Writing destination help sheets for future interns
We are seeking entrepreneurially-minded TIG alumni who are excited about sharing their international experiences and shaping this program in it’s inaugural year. Ambassadors should be:
- Highly creative and self-directed with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Able to work autonomously to develop successful projects and see them through to completion
- Passionate about TIG and international experiences
- Experience in marketing, sales and social media is a plus.
The Global Leaders Initiative requires a time commitment of 10 hours per month for participation in the professional development program and project work, and virtual attendance at monthly team meetings.
- $1000 stipend plus referral bonuses based on number of students who participate in the program.
- Learn and work with globally-recognized young professionals and TIG’s global leadership team.
- Develop your personal brand: Strengthen your professional image and emerge from the program ready to achieve your career goals. Ambassadors will also be featured in TIG newsletters and on the TIG website.
- One-on-one career guidance with TIG team members
- Monthly workshops and trainings with industry experts. Gain transferable skills in the areas of sales, marketing, alumni engagement and social media platform management through professional development workshops and experiential projects.
- Letter of Recommendation: Upon completion of the program, earn a letter of recommendation from TIG staff.
- The most successful alumni ambassadors will be identified as potential full-time TIG team members in the future.
How to apply:
Send your resume to email@example.com with the subject “Global Leaders Initiative Application”, and complete this short application. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. Finalists will be invited to participate in a Skype interview with TIG team members.