Now Hiring: The Intern Group’s Global Leaders Initiative
About the role:
The Intern Group is seeking passionate and driven TIG alumni to participate in the Global Leaders Initiative, a prestigious professional development and alumni ambassador program. Global Leaders will represent The Intern Group on university campuses from late August 2018 - April 2019.
This professional development program will feature mentorship opportunities and skills development in the areas of marketing, persuasion, public speaking and communication. Ambassadors will participate in professional development workshops and work with other students from around the world while learning the ins-and-outs of running a globally-engaged international organization.
- Create and maintain connections with interested students by sharing your personal international internship experience.
- Specific tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Attending career and study abroad fairs and other campus events on behalf of TIG
- Planning and hosting informal events and engaging with interested applicants, participants and other alumni on campus
- Reaching out to accepted interns on campus to chat about the program and answer their questions.
- Maintaining campus Facebook and social media groups for TIG interns
- Sharing your TIG experience through school platforms such as the school newspaper
- Writing destination help sheets for future interns
Please note you must be a full-time student for the duration of the program. There are three mandatory meetings per semester on Monday nights.
We are seeking entrepreneurially-minded TIG alumni who are excited about sharing their international experiences and shaping this program. Ambassadors should demonstrate these qualities:
- Highly creative and self-directed with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Able to work autonomously to develop successful projects and see them through to completion
- Passionate about TIG and international experiences
- Well-connected on campus and comfortable interacting with many different groups
- Experience in marketing, sales or social media is a plus
The Global Leaders Initiative requires a time commitment of 10 hours per month for participation in the professional development program and project work, and virtual attendance at meetings three times per semester.
- Compensation each semester for your efforts on campus.
- Learn and work with globally-recognized young professionals and TIG’s global leadership team.
- Develop your personal brand: Strengthen your professional image and emerge from the program ready to achieve your career goals. Ambassadors will also be featured in TIG newsletters and on the TIG website.
- One-on-one career guidance with TIG team members
- Workshops and trainings with industry experts. Gain transferable skills in the areas of marketing, alumni engagement and social media platform management through professional development workshops and experiential projects.
- Letter of Recommendation: Upon completion of the program, earn a letter of recommendation from TIG staff.
- The most successful alumni ambassadors will be identified as potential full-time TIG team members in the future.
How to Apply:
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until Monday, August 13. Finalists will be invited to participate in a Skype interview with TIG team members.