— Now Hiring: Los Angeles Experience Coordinator
The Intern Group (www.theinterngroup.com) is the world’s leading provider of international internship programs for students and graduates. We’re an award winning education organisation operating in fifteen cities worldwide. Through our global network of universities, companies and charities, we’re passionate about providing the leaders of tomorrow with international professional development and cultural experiences. This is a unique opportunity to join a rapidly growing team, that is pioneering innovation in the international education sector.
About the role:
The Intern Group is seeking an Experience Coordinator in Los Angeles, California to join our Americas team. The successful candidate will get the opportunity to rapidly develop their professional skill-set and experience across a wide variety of tasks. We’re looking for a confident and professional individual to manage the intern experience for our new California (Los Angeles) Program.
Hours: Part-time - weekends
Salary: Competitive with performance related bonuses
Location: Los Angeles, California, USA
Start Date: January 2019
Last Application Accepted: December, 2018
- Schedule and conduct orientation meetings to provide an overview of the program (preferably before their first day of work)
- Organize and communicate with a transport company to coordinate each intern's arrival and departure pick up and drop off dates
- Address any questions or concerns the interns may have regarding transportation, housing, and work experience, reporting any major issues to the TIG Program team
- Assist in scheduling & coordinating program events, maintaining a monthly calendar and keeping the interns up-to-date
- Manage social media accounts; regularly taking photos at intern events/creating content & posting on relevant Instagram, Facebook, etc. accounts
- Assist with drafting career development training that will increase the interns' employability after program completion
- Deliver TIG’s career development trainings to interns on a monthly basis
- Schedule & conduct "exit interviews" with each intern 1 week prior to departure to collect feedback about the program and public reviews/testimonial videos
- Induct interns into the alumni network to keep in touch with them over time in order to arrange reunions and networking events
Part time. Approximately 15-20 hours per week. Must be available weekends during the day (Most Saturdays, periodically on Sundays); also on occasion in the afternoon on select days during the week (flexible).
- Must live in Los Angeles, California and either be a US citizen or have a valid work permit
- Undergraduate Degree (or in progress to obtain)
- Preferred Qualities - High energy, extroverted, energy giver, people focused, empathetic, accommodating, expert in conflict resolution
- Be able to demonstrate previous experience and/or skills in logistics, customer service, and communications
- Be people focused; show an ability to communicate and build relationships with people from different countries and cultures. Global in their outlook; passionate about international education and travel
- Be a team player: ability to work independently and within a team.
- Enjoy challenges and be resourceful, proactive and entrepreneurial
- Be fluent in English
- Love getting stuff done! Ideas are great, but seeing them through to completion is everything
Tools: Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, WhatsApp, Slack, Google Docs
- Opportunity to participate in annual bonus pool (inc. a flight to one of our 15 global offices)
- Fun and friendly work environment
- International work opportunities
- Opportunity to join a rapidly growing company
- Potential to grow in the role and take on additional responsibilities
How to apply:
Please send a brief cover letter along with your resume or CV to email@example.com, subject “Experience Coordinator in California (LA)”. Please address your materials to Brian Limbo.