Now Hiring: London Community Manager
The Intern Group (www.theinterngroup.com) are the world’s leading global provider of international internship programs for students and graduates. We are an award winning educational organisation, currently operating in eleven cities worldwide. Through our international network of universities, companies and charities, we are passionate about providing the leaders of tomorrow with international professional development and cultural experiences. This is a unique opportunity to join a rapidly growing international team that is pioneering innovation in the international education sector.
About the role
The Intern Group is seeking a Community Manager for our flagship London programme. Our Community Manager plays a crucial role in our participants’ in-country experience in London. They will work to ensure that we build upon and maintain the excellent standards and feedback that we have set to date, supporting our continued success. This role represents a great opportunity to join a young and dynamic team with a global outlook.
The role requires an energetic allrounder who has experience in displaying strong people-skills, process implementation and is able to bring both fun and structure to our award-winning programme. The role is dynamic, personable and requires an ability to work ‘in the field’ and also in an office environment - it is varied and constantly changing.
Hours: 40 hours per week. (including monthly weekend and some evening work). Time spent out of the office will be compensated in lieu.
Salary: Competitive with performance related bonuses
Expected start date: ASAP/December
- Programme Feedback: Positive feedback is the lifeblood of our organisation. You will be accountable for ensuring strong feedback from interns and will use data, insight and face to face interactions to continuously improve different components of our programme.
- Accommodation Management: You will manage partnerships and bookings with our accommodation providers and continuously work to ensure we have access to the best possible housing options for all of our students.
- Welcome Orientations: You will be managing our group arrivals and welcome orientations. These are crucial to setting the right tone for the programme and you will need to meticulously plan and execute them each month.
- Event Management: You will be the face of our programme and will bring fun and energy to the multitude of events and workshops that we provide. You will plan and arrange these events whilst managing a small rota of part-time experience coordinators to work on them.
- Social Media & Marketing: You will run all of our London focused social media channels through engaging and inspiring content. This plays a significant part in building our intern community and marketing our programme globally.
- Customer Service: You must enjoy working with people and be able to provide first-class customer service across a variety of platforms and situations.
- Welfare: Student welfare is a fundamental part of this role. Whether it’s meeting with and reassuring a homesick student, resolving any issue or complaint or checking-in with new arrivals; you will need to display strong people focus throughout.
- Exit Interviews & Departure: Create and implement an exit interview system to gain in-depth insight and feedback into our programme and constantly strive to improve everything that we do.
- General Admin & Finance: The role will involve some regular admin and accounts work.
Our Core Values
- People focused: A passion for people and an understanding of different cultural perspectives.
- Team player: Ability to work across different teams on a variety of projects & tasks.
- Global leadership: Play a pivotal role in The Intern Group’s ambitious growth goals and continue to set standards in London for all of our programmes globally.
- Continuous learning: Drive to always be learning to progress both professionally and personally.
- Engaging and outgoing personality: You will be able to form strong relationships with people from a variety of different backgrounds
- You will possess the ability and experience in managing groups of people and processes with confidence
- You will have first-class organisational and planning skills
- You will be analytical and will use data and feedback to drive continuous programme improvements
- Have good knowledge of social media and digital marketing channels
- Possess written and verbal fluency in English
- You should have local knowledge of London and the best of what the city has to offer
- You will need to be available for flexible working patterns, including monthly evening and weekend work
- Experience within international programme management (eg. Study Abroad, Volunteer Abroad, Camp America)
- Previous experience within customer service, event management and/or the hospitality sector
- A passion for travel and cultural exchange
- Experience within quality assurance or a feedback focused position
- Target driven and a track record of success
- Competitive performance related bonus structure
- Flexible Working structures
- Opportunity to travel internationally to work with our global teams
- 23 Annual leave days (non-inclusive Bank holidays)
- Clear career progression within a high-growth and globally recognised company
To apply for the position send your CV and one page cover letter, addressed to ‘Mr Taco,’ on why you would be the perfect candidate for this position, to email@example.com. The email subject should be marked as ‘Community Manager’.
Please note we can only accept applications from those who have the legal right to work in the UK.