— Now Hiring: People Partner (Project)
For more information on us, see our website www.theinterngroup.com
Role: People Business Partner (Project)
- Type: Interim/Contract 6 -12 month role
- Based: London
- The Intern Group organizes international internship programs in 15 cities worldwide. We are a global leader in the internship abroad sector, one of the fastest growing segments of the worldwide travel & education industries.
- Thousands of students from more than 100 countries have participated in our programs.
- We are partners with thousands of companies and universities, and span five continents. Our partnerships run the gamut of Fortune 500 corporations, renowned NGOs, governments, and Ivy League schools.
About the role:
The basis of TIG’s continued growth and success is our team. This is a young and entrepreneurial organisation with a dynamic and diverse set of individuals, most of whom are millennials. Work with us to enhance and implement our culture across these offices, whilst creating structures and processes to help us to realise our vision. We are different. We do things differently. We want to make a difference and so will you.
People Business Partner (project) Fixed Term 6 - 12 months
This position will play an important operational and strategic role within our People team. You will report to the Global Head of People and help to build, implement and support a crucial new function within TIG. You will be an agent of change within the People function and the business at large as the company continues to grow in its global capacities. Working across all aspects of the function’s remit, the People Business Partner is responsible for the implementation and success of HR policies and initiatives.
The business is moving through a hugely exciting transformation and requires your help and proven experience to drive and deliver this. You will have a unique opportunity to help shape/guide this young, successful and rapidly growing organisation into a world leading institution that will continue to dominate our sector.
This is a 6 - 12 month project role covering all aspects of HR implementation across the business globally. As this is a new function to TIG, there will be a requirement to support the implementation and management of People IT systems. The role will also require your support in delivering the people agenda. You will take ownership of a number of vital projects and additionally manage day to day HR for the business.
The role has a global remit and though it will be based in our London office will require close work and collaboration with the various teams and offices spread across the globe.
- You will be supporting the Global Head of People in developing and delivering the People strategy and the plan. This will include translating strategic and business targets into People processes, systems and services, outcomes and consequences. It will also entail implementing People Software systems, developing and implementing action plans, policies and measurements to achieve targets.
- You will provide leadership and execution on day-to-day operational People issues.
- Build trusted relationships with senior stakeholders and leaders in the business
- Provide strategic and day-to-day leadership to drive the delivery of the business’ People plans
- Use experience, skills and knowledge of the HR industry to make an impact in key areas such as change management, organisational design, employee engagement and talent analytics.
- Train and coach team members and managers on using People Systems and ensuring that the People System is used to record and manage the Employee Life cycle.
- Implement and Manage People / HR systems to manage the full Employee Life Cycle
- Coordinate core projects (i.e. People Handbook reviews, Creating Personal files on system, On-boarding, Policy reviews – globally, GDPR)
- Drive and support project implementation where additional support is required
- On-boarding generation for company-wide consistency across global offices and teams
- Generalist People Partner – providing support to client groups Business Managers
- All department invoices
- Employee reference
Other Responsibilities Include:
- Talent management
- Learning and development
- Employee relations
Essential Experience & Skills:
To be successful in this role you will have:
- General skills – Strong track record within true generalist People / HR roles, ideally coming from a Service background with a good understanding of the many different responsibilities of the People function. Evidence of driving a successful talent initiative with experience with millennial generation.
- Experience in change management and ideally have worked in a business where you have taken them through transformation.
- Strategic thinker – working closely with the Global Head of People to create and implement new programmes and initiatives
- Leadership – you will be working with managers to support the function’s strategy.
- Coaching skills – you will be seen as a mentor within the function and the business at large.
- Decisive and willing to push boundaries and to think differently and creatively.
- Pragmatic with the ability to add value in a commercial and operational sense to the Management teams.
- Excellent influencing skills, the credibility to deal with a variety of different levels of people and the ability to create visibility for themselves across the business
- Communication skills – you will be delivering and communicating the People strategies of the business
- Industry knowledge – Be well connected in the HR marketplace with a good understanding of innovative/leading edge products and processes
Desired Experience & Skills:
- Demonstrable experience of working in a dynamic and commercial environment, delivering value-adding HR solutions
- Strong Commercial acumen which is applied when making business decisions
- CIPD qualification or part qualification
- The ability to work autonomously, being a self-starter
- The ability to work collaboratively with diverse kinds of people to achieve excellence, across all areas and levels of the business.
- Ability to work in a multicultural organization with most of the stakeholder and managers being globally located and only around 10% of the employees are based in London
- Credibility and confidence with strong influencing skills
- Exemplary planning and organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple teams, projects and relationships
- Significant contribution to organisational change
- Substantial experience of delivering an efficient & effective HR service
- A 'can-do' attitude
- Evidence of working with and developing HR IT / People software systems.
- Stakeholder Management and relationship building skills.
- Change Management skills.
- Relish the challenge of an internal international role. Knowledge of another European language will be an asset, but is not essential.
Details & Benefits:
- This is a full time fixed-term position
- The role will be based in London
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working patterns
How to apply:
If you think your profile, background and experience closely match the job description and person specification, we definitely want to hear from you!
Please email email@example.com by Friday 14th of September 2018 with your CV and a cover letter addressed to ‘Mr Taco’ providing us with the evidence we need to progress your application.