— Now Hiring: Technology Intern
Do you dream of living and working abroad? Does the idea of also helping other people achieve this experience excite you? If yes, then The Intern Group has a great opportunity to offer.
The Intern Group won Startup Chile in 2011 and has grown into a fun, friendly global company. We take pride in our company culture, as well as the impact our programs have on the world.
- The Intern Group organizes international internship programs in 15 cities worldwide. We are a global leader in the internship abroad sector, one of the fastest growing segments of the worldwide travel and education industries.
- Thousands of students from more than 100 countries have participated in our programs.
- We are partners with thousands of companies and universities, and span five continents. Our partnerships run the gamut of Fortune 500 corporations, renowned NGOs, governments, and Ivy League schools.
- For more information, see our website at www.theinterngroup.com
About the role:
The Intern Group is seeking an intern, not as a participant in our programs, but to join us in our own office! You would be working with and learning from our Technology team, including the company’s top technology and operations managers. This is an opportunity to be immersed in the inner workings of a global business.
The location of this role is our administrative office in Santiago, Chile, making it an ideal opportunity to complement your degree with some international experience. Spanish language skills would be welcome and useful, but are not required - the main language spoken in the office is English.
The start date is January 2019. The minimum term is 6 months, and the role can continue for a maximum of 12 months. We will begin recruiting for a 6 month placement during October 2018.
This role includes a monthly salary and a housing stipend.
- Help administer the company’s IT environment
- Attend discussions and contribute to decisions involving Technology Strategy as well as our company’s general meetings
- Build reports for both internal and external stakeholders
- Participate in projects to improve the company’s technology solutions
- Adhere to deadlines and prioritise work from multiple departments
- Provide guidance and training to users on how to use the CRM system and other technology tools
- Create documentation on technology solutions
- You will be an everyday user of spreadsheets and a CRM
- You will be exposed to project management practices, with the opportunity to undertake your own projects
- You will learn how to apply technology solutions to business process improvement
- You will develop practical skills in SQL, PHP and HTML
- You will gain knowledge in working with a relational database and how it functions to support the business
- You will participate in discussions and decisions that impact the technology operations of the global company
- You should be enrolled in a bachelor’s program, or have recently completed one
- Preferably you are studying Business; Social Sciences (international studies, economics, etc.); or Information Technology.
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Experience using MS Excel. Coding experience (VBA, SQL, HTML) is a plus.
- Familiarity with Spanish language is a plus, but not required
- Interest and ability to teach yourself new skills on the go
- Most of all, you must be ready to leave your “comfort zone,” to live abroad and immerse yourself in the operations of a global company that spans 15 destinations!
- Positive, friendly work environment
- Monthly salary
- Housing stipend
- 31 vacation days per year (pro rated to length of position)
- Fun and friendly work environment
- Potential to grow in the role
- Opportunity to make contacts with colleagues from around the world
How to apply:
Please send a brief covering letter (max 3 paragraphs) along with your resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject "Technology Intern”. Address your materials to Nicholas Grove. This position will start in January of 2019 and the application deadline is November 1, 2018.