Now Hiring: US Regional Partnerships Associates
Applications are now closed.
Do you dream of living and working abroad? Does the idea of also helping other people achieve this experience excite you? If yes, then The Intern Group has a great opportunity to offer. The Intern Group won Startup Chile in 2011 and has grown into a fun, friendly global company. We take pride in our company culture, as well as the impact our programs have on the world.
About the role:
U.S. Regional Partnerships Associate(s):
- Regional Partnerships Associate: West & Midwest
- Regional Partnerships Associate: The South
- Regional Partnerships Associate: Midwest & Northeast
About The Intern Group:
- The Intern Group is an award-winning, global leader in the internship abroad sector, one of the fastest growing segments in the international education and travel industries.
- Leading universities around the world partner with us to help achieve their internationalization and employability goals for their students.
- We have program sites and offices in London, New York, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Chicago, Toronto, Tokyo, Dublin, Barcelona, Madrid, Australia & Latin America (Colombia & Chile).
- The Intern Group is regularly featured by international media including CNN, the Financial Times, Forbes, TIME & other major publications.
- Thousands of students from more than 100 countries have participated in our programs.
- We partner with over 40 universities and educational institutions worldwide.
- For more information, see our website at www.theinterngroup.com
We’re hiring 3 U.S. Partnership Associates to focus on 3 different regions in the United States. The U.S.
Partnerships Associate is a position of increasing responsibility and is a vital member of the Global Partnerships Team. This role will play a key part in a fast paced, rapidly growing team. This is a business development and account management role.
The role is primarily responsible for:
- growing new U.S. university partnerships
- growing student enrollments in those partnerships and
- account management of partnerships in their assigned regions.
This position is currently based in Washington D.C., but will also require frequent domestic and occasional international travel (up to 50%) to universities and conferences.
- Support the Head of Global Partnerships and U.S. Partnerships Manager in creating new partnerships with educational institutions in the United States and growing the number of participants each partner sends us by using a structured outreach strategy.
- Hit assigned personal and team targets in relation to growing those partnerships and student enrollments.
- Travel to and attend university study abroad and career fairs as well as conferences to build relationships and partnerships.
- Manage all accounts within your region in a systematic way. This includes but is not limited to: marketing support, career fair planning and attending, liaising with other departments at The Intern Group, organizing site visits, account reviews and more.
- Contribute to thought leadership in the industry. We encourage you to present at conferences with partner universities and help us to to be a leader in the field.
- Complete administrative tasks and participate in working groups and team projects as assigned.
Requirements to succeed in role:
- A university degree. Advanced degree(s) will be viewed positively
- Preferred backgrounds are higher education, business development, sales and/or account management
- 2 years of relevant work experience
- International experience (traveling, studying or working abroad)
- Knowledge and understanding of the international higher education environment and trends will be viewed as an advantage
- Native in English. Additional language skills will be viewed positively
- A pro-active, entrepreneurial, self-motivated attitude
- Target driven and hungry to meet goals
- Multitasking – ability to efficiently manage several projects simultaneously
- Well organized, strong time management skills
- Ability to thrive in an autonomous environment as you’ll eventually be working remotely in your region
- High levels of resilience and perseverance. Building university relations is about persistence and relationship building. You must be a go-getter that is prepared to dig in and rise to the challenge.
- Equipment: Use of your personal laptop for work purposes
Benefits of working at The Intern Group:
- Travel - Do you love to travel? Then this role is for you! This position requires frequent travel to the associate’s designated region and occasionally to another region to support their team members. Travel will be mostly domestic but there is potential for occasional international travel as well as visiting the central administrative office in Santiago, Chile at least once a year.
- Company Culture - You’ll be working with nomadic, travel-oriented, highly motivated professionals who are passionate about international education and growing our company.
- Mobility scheme - Each employee is eligible for the annual mobility scheme where you may choose to work from one of our other offices around the world.
- Competitive salary and ability to earn bonus commision upon making partnerships and hitting your targets.
- Positive, friendly entrepreneurial work environment where you interact with colleagues worldwide.
- Excellent health insurance.
- Flexible days/time off (31 days per year prorated based on start date), increasing over time. Local holidays are not included within the 31 which you can choose to take on your own accord.
- Flexible working hours within the constraints of company policy. This is not your typical 9-5 job.
Each U.S. Partnerships Associate will initially be based in Washington D.C. for 12-18 months. Following this period, each position will be based in a designated city within the assigned region. Those regions are:
- The West Coast & Midwest
- The South
- The Midwest & Northeast
During the application process, you may apply to be considered for one region or multiple regions.
Salary and benefits are competitive.
Bonuses: The Intern Group has a generous and motivating incentive scheme that this position will be eligible for. This role is for a target driven professional.
Applications will be accepted until Wednesday, February 7th.
The majority of the Global Partnerships Team is remote (USA, Canada, Chile) which means a level of flexibility with your schedule is required during the onboarding process.
This position will begin Monday, April 16, 2018 and will include both in-person training with the Head of Global Partnerships and U.S. Partnerships Manager in Washington, D.C., as well as training with the Global Partnerships Coordinator in the Santiago, Chile office.
How to apply:
Please send a resume and a 1 page max cover letter to the attention of Bridget McAndrew at email@example.com with the subject line “U.S. Regional Partnerships Associate.”