— Now Hiring: NY Experience Coordinator
The Intern Group is the world’s leading provider of international internship programs for students and graduates. We’re an award winning education organization operating in 15 cities worldwide. Through our global network of universities, companies and charities, we’re passionate about providing the leaders of tomorrow with international professional development and cultural experiences. This is a unique opportunity to join a rapidly growing team, that is pioneering innovation in the international education sector.
About the role:
The Intern Group is seeking an Experience Coordinator in New York to join our North America team. The successful candidate will get the opportunity to rapidly develop their professional skill-set and experience across a wide variety of tasks. We’re looking for a confident and professional individual to manage the intern experience for our New York program.
Hours: Part-time - weekends
Salary: Competitive with performance related bonuses
Location: New York City, NY, USA
Start Date: As soon as possible
- Schedule and conduct orientation meetings to provide an overview of the program (preferably before their first day of work)
- Organize and communicate with a transport company to coordinate each intern's arrival and departure pick up and drop off dates
- Address any questions or concerns the interns may have regarding transportation, housing, and internship experience.
- Report any major participant issues to the NY team.
- Assist in scheduling & coordinating program events, maintaining a monthly calendar and keeping the interns up-to-date
- Assist with drafting and delivering career development training that will increase the interns' employability after program completion
- Schedule & conduct "exit interviews" with each intern 1 week prior to departure to collect feedback about the program and public reviews/testimonial videos
- Induct interns into the alumni network to keep in touch with them over time in order to arrange reunions and networking events
- Manage social media accounts, particularly Instagram and a private group on Facebook for participants
Part time, approximately 15-20 hours per week. Must be available weekends during the day (Most Saturdays, periodically on Sundays); also on occasion in the afternoon on select days during the week (flexible).
- Must live in New York City and be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Undergraduate Degree (or in progress to obtain)
- Preferred Qualities - High energy, extroverted, energy giver, people focused, empathetic, accommodating, expert in conflict resolution
- Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, WhatsApp, Slack, Google Docs
- Opportunity to participate in an annual bonus pool (inc. a flight to one of our 15 global offices)
- Fun and friendly work environment
- International work opportunities
- Opportunity to join a rapidly growing company
- Potential to grow in the role and take on additional responsibilities
How to apply:
Please send a brief cover letter along with your resume or CV to email@example.com, subject “Experience Coordinator in New York." Please address your materials to Brian Limbo.