About the role:
The Intern Group is itself seeking an intern, not as a participant in our programs, but to join us in our own office! You would be working with and learning from our Operations team, including the company’s top financial and IT managers. This is an opportunity to be immersed in the inner workings of a global business.
The location of this role is our administrative office in Santiago, Chile, making it an ideal opportunity to complement your degree with some international experience. Spanish language skills would be welcome and useful, but are not required – the main language spoken in the office is English.
The start date is January 2017. The minimum term is 6 months, and the role can continue for a maximum of 12 months.
This role pays a monthly salary and a housing stipend.
- Monitor the transactions in the company’s bank accounts
- Reconcile payments between the bank and our internal systems
- Help pay the company’s bills and expenses
- Attend discussions and contribute to decisions regarding financial strategy
- Help administer the company’s IT environment
- Participate in projects to improve the company’s technology implementation
- You will be deeply involved with financial practices, transactions, and systems
- You will be helping to manage a global company’s cash, payables, and receivables in multiple currencies
- You will be an everyday user of spreadsheets and a professional CRM (customer relationship management) system
- You will learn about process improvement, and leveraging technology to make a business run more efficiently
- You will participate in discussions and decisions with mangers
- You must currently be enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program at a university
- Preferably you are studying Business (including finance, accounting, etc.); Social Sciences (including international studies, economics, etc.); or Information Technology. However, students from all fields are welcome to apply.
- Familiarity with Spanish language is a plus, but not required
- Most of all, you must be ready to leave your “comfort zone,” to live abroad and immerse yourself in the operations of an ambitious company with offices in 7 countries!
- Positive, friendly work environment
- Monthly salary
- Housing stipend
- Opportunity to make contacts with colleagues from around the world