Visa information for Hong Kong
Positioned as the world’s east-west corridor, Hong Kong is one of the most welcoming cities for expatriates worldwide. Due to it’s popularity, Hong Kong’s visa requirements can be tricky to navigate, which is why we have a visa specialist to work with each of our interns step by step through the process of obtaining the visa.
- You must be at least 18 years old
- You must hold a passport with at least 12 months validity
- You cannot apply for the visa with a passport of Afghanistan, Cuba, Laos, North Korea or Nepal
- You must demonstrate sufficient, personal financial standing (~ HKD 25,000 or equivalent) around the time of application submission
- Application requires document from both you and your placement company.
- Application is to be submitted in Hong Kong by The Intern Group on your behalf, while you are required to send our team certain application documents
- Application normally takes a minimum processing time of 3-4 weeks upon submission to the Immigration Department. The timeline is not definite.
- Visa cost is covered by The Intern Group. However, you are responsible for other associated expenses regarding the visa application
- The visa is valid for 3 months (multiple entries) and lasts the same as your program duration upon arrival
- The visa arrangement for residents of the People’s Republic of China, Macau SAR & Taiwan vary slightly.
- Training Visa
Immigration regulations are constantly changing so please be advised that the above information may differ anytime.