Now accepting applications. Watch the experience.
Interested in the Independent Traveler Program?
Good news! We are now accepting applications for our Independent Traveler Program in Barcelona, Edinburgh, California, Singapore, Chile, Boston, Chicago and Washington DC, Auckland, Sydney, Paris, Sydney, Lisbon, Milan, Seoul, Mexico City and Toronto. Join our mailing list and be the first to receive new exciting internships opportunities in your field, straight in your inbox.
Accelerate your career
The Independent Traveler Program takes place year-round and is designed to help you build your career in the global city of your choice. Choose a city on the other side of the world, or close to home.
Build your career in the city of your choice
Our program enables you to get the internship experience you need in an amazing destination.
You will have the opportunity to make meaningful local connections in your hybrid/in-person internship, while building a strong, global network of talented peers through the online elements of our program.
We designed this program so that you have maximum independence while gaining the maximum career acceleration possible – comprehensively boosting your career experience, skills, knowledge and network.
You are an independent professional
Independence is key to our Independent Traveler Program; you know the career field and city you want to develop in. We will help you gain the internship experience you need, and enable you to build the career skills, knowledge and network you need – on your own schedule.
Whether you’re a prospective or current university student, recent graduate or professional looking to upgrade your career, our accelerator program could offer the perfect next step.
Boost your employability
A hybrid/in-person internship in a top global city, in your chosen career fields, will boost your employability. Having an internship in a leading city on your resume demonstrates to future employers that you will thrive in a challenging environment and have the skills needed to be a valuable asset to their team, such as independence, curiosity, cross-cultural fluency and drive
A hybrid/in-person internship placement
Make your resume shine
- Guaranteed internship in your chosen primary or secondary career field.
- Network of 3,000+ partner organizations across all fields in Europe, Asia, Africa, Australia, Latin America, USA & Canada
- Digital certificate of completion to display on LinkedIn
- Academic credit
Career advancement training
Build the skills to thrive
- Career advancement training focusing on the 8 key competencies that the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) have identified as essential to succeed in the 21st century
- Completion badges and certificate to display on LinkedIn
- Personalized, one-on-one session with a professional career coach
- DiSC workplace personality and skills assessment
- Library of professional development materials
- Leading CV improvement tool
Keynote speaker series
Learn from the best
- 12 months access to our live keynote speaker series featuring global business leaders from NHS, Barclays, Rolex and more
- Ask questions in real-time in the Q & A section of every talk
- On-demand access to the keynote speaker series library
Global community and network
Live locally, network globally
- Welcome & orientation sessions with The Intern Group and your host organization
- Dedicated placement specialist, community manager and internship supervisor
- Talkspace: an app which gives you access to a licensed mental health professional at any time
- Lifetime membership in TIG’s worldwide 10,000+ alumni network
- Regular virtual social and cultural events with your global cohort
Intern with leading organisations in 30+ global destinations
Our Independent Traveler Program Fee is $3,190 USD.
This fee is the same for all destinations and program durations.