Visa information for Barcelona
Visa requirements for Barcelona
Our team of visa experts will guide you through the process of getting the necessary documents to intern in Spain. Their local expertise is one of the top benefits of interning on our program!
EU nationals are not required to obtain study visas to study/intern in Spain.
Citizens of these countries do not require visas for stays of less than 90 days
If you are not from a country included in the list above, you are required to get a tourist Visa. Please consult your Spanish consulate to double check whether your country is included.
Consult your local Spanish Embassy or Consulate about Spanish TOURIST visa requirements for your country at least 120 days prior to departure.
Advise us of your nationality and your country’s specific study visa requirements, if any exist. Please note prior to granting a Spanish visa, your local Spanish Embassy will require that we confirm that your program and accommodation fees have been paid in full.
We will send you a Certificate of Enrollment (Invitation letter) by email.
For stays longer than 90 days you will need a Schengen visa. Please consult our team to get more information about the procedure.
Certificate of Enrollment – your “Visa Invitation”
This will be required by your local Spanish Embassy or Consulate prior to issuing a visa. The document is evidence that you are enrolled in a program and will state your name, the course details, the dates of study and confirmation of the amount paid for the course and accommodation fees. It will be signed by our Barcelona visa expert.
Spanish Visa Application
The application should be made at least three months before your departure date.
It is the local Spanish Embassy/Consulate who makes all decisions regarding the granting of visas and their decision is final.
Typical Visa Requirements
The following documentation is required to be submitted to your local Spanish embassy by you in person or by your legal representative. Note: requirements change depending which consulate you are going to.
- Passport valid for a minimum of six months with three photocopies of the personal information and photo page
- 4 recent pictures, passport size
- Completed Spanish visa application form
- Proof of admission to The Intern Group Barcelona program (provided by us)
- Private health insurance policy
- Original medical certificate typed on doctor stationery verifying that the applicant is free from the following quarantine diseases: yellow fever, cholera, and the plague. The certificate must also certify that the applicant is free of drug addictions and mental illness. A translation into Spanish must be provided
- Confirmation that accommodation details while in Spain have been paid for in full (not provided by us)
- Proof of financial means for the period of stay in Spain. This could be:
- Certificate of enrollment from Intern Barcelona stating educational and living expenses have been paid for in advance, OR
- Notarized letter of parents/custodians, assuming financial responsibility while student is in Spain, or current statement of the student’s bank account with a minimum balance of $1000 per month of stay in Spain or $1000 worth of travelers checks per month of stay in Spain.
Rules and regulations for visas change constantly. Whilst we make every effort to keep abreast of changes, we cannot guarantee that the information above is accurate or complete. We cannot accept any responsibility or be held liable for your visa application and we strongly recommend that you contact your local Spanish Embassy or Consulate as early as possible to ensure that you are aware of the requirements for your country and have all necessary documentation.