skip to main content

Enroll with confidence. Learn about our Lifetime Credit if your plans need to change.

Apply now
big image banner

International Internship - Barcelona Program

Visa information for Barcelona

Visa requirements for Barcelona

Our team of visa experts will guide you through the process of getting the necessary documents to intern in Spain. Their local expertise is one of the top benefits of interning on our program!


Citizens of the following countries do not require visas for courses of less than 90 days:

  • Albania
  • Andorra
  • Antigua and Barbuda
  • Argentina
  • Australia
  • Bahamas
  • Barbados
  • Bosnia and Herzegovina  (Only with biometric passport)
  • Brazil
  • Brunei
  • Darussalam
  • Canada
  • Chile
  • Colombia
  • South Korea
  • Costa Rica
  • Dominica
  • El Salvador
  • Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia (Only with biometric passport)
  • United Arab Emirates
  • United States
  • Georgia (Only with biometric passport)
  • Granada
  • Guatemala
  • Honduras
  • Israel
  • Japan
  • Kiribati
  • Malaysia
  • Marshall Islands
  • Maurice Islands
  • Mexico
  • Micronesia
  • Moldova (Only with biometric passport)
  • Monaco
  • Montenegro (Only with biometric passport)
  • Nicaragua
  • New Zealand
  • Palau
  • Panama
  • Paraguay
  • Peru
  • Salomon Islands
  • Samoa
  • Saint Kitts and Nevis
  • San Marino
  • Saint Lucia
  • Serbia (Only with biometric passport)
  • Seychelles
  • Singapore
  • East Timor
  • Tonga
  • Trinidad and Tobago
  • Tuvalu
  • Ukraine (Only with biometric passport)
  • Uruguay
  • Vanuatu
  • Venezuela


EU nationals are not required to obtain study visas to study/intern in Spain.

Visas are not required for courses of less than 90 days (i.e. 12 weeks) for nationals of some countries. Please consult your Spanish consulate to find out whether your country is included.

Consult your local Spanish Embassy or Consulate about Spanish study visa requirements for your country at least 120 days prior to departure.

Advise us of your nationality and your country’s specific study visa requirements, if any exist. Please note prior to granting a Spanish study visa, your local Spanish Embassy will require that we confirm that your program and accommodation fees have been paid in full.

We will send you a Certificate of Enrollment (Study Visa Invitation letter) by email.


Certificate of Enrollment – your “Study Visa Invitation”

This will be required by your local Spanish Embassy or Consulate prior to issuing a study visa. The document is evidence that you are enrolled in a course and will state your name, the course details, your accommodation details, the dates of study and confirmation of the amount paid for the course and accommodation fees. It will be signed by our Barcelona director.


Spanish Study Visa Application

The application should be made at least three months before your departure date.

It is the local Spanish Embassy/Consulate who makes all decisions regarding the granting of study visas and their decision is final.


Typical Visa Requirements

The following documentation is required to be submitted to your local Spanish embassy by you in person or by your legal representative. Note: requirements change depending which consulate you are going to.

  • Passport valid for a minimum of six months with three photocopies of the personal information and photo page
  • 4 recent pictures, passport size
  • Completed Spanish study visa application form
  • Proof of admission to The Intern Group Barcelona program as a full-time student (provided by us)
  • Private health insurance policy
  • Original medical certificate typed on doctor stationery verifying that the applicant is free from the following quarantine diseases: yellow fever, cholera, and the plague. The certificate must also certify that the applicant is free of drug addictions and mental illness. A translation into Spanish must be provided
  • Confirmation that accommodation details while in Spain have been paid for in full (provided by us)
  • Proof of financial means for the period of study in Spain. This could be:
    • Certificate of enrollment from Intern Barcelona stating educational and living expenses have been paid for in advance, OR
    • Notarized letter of parents/custodians, assuming financial responsibility while student is in Spain, or current statement of the student’s bank account with a minimum balance of $1000 per month of stay in Spain or $1000 worth of travelers checks per month of stay in Spain.


Rules and regulations for visas change constantly. Whilst we make every effort to keep abreast of changes, we cannot guarantee that the information above is accurate or complete. We cannot accept any responsibility or be held liable for your visa application and we strongly recommend that you contact your local Spanish Embassy or Consulate as early as possible to ensure that you are aware of the requirements for your country and have all necessary documentation.