Visa information for Tokyo
- You must hold a passport with at least 6 months validity and 2 blank pages.
- An unpaid internship that lasts fewer than 90 days is regarded as a voluntary activity and can be conducted on a visitor’s status.
- You are not required a visa if your nationality is on THIS LIST.
- If your program lasts more than 90 days, you are required to leave and re-enter Japan, also as a visitor, before your first entry permit expires.
- Your application must be filed in person or (if applicable) by post to the Japanese Embassy in your location.
- The cost of the visa is estimated at 3,000 Japanese Yen. The Intern Group’s program fee does not cover this and other associated expenses regarding the visa application.
- This visa is valid for 3 months and lasts for 90 days (single entry) upon arrival.
- Temporary Visitor Visa
Immigration regulations are constantly changing so please be advised that the above information may change at any time.