Visa information for Tokyo
Obtaining a visa is one of the most challenging and daunting aspects about going abroad. However, The Intern Group’s inclusive package provides every participant with access to our experienced visa specialists. We are here every step of the way to make sure your visa process is straightforward and stress-free.
- You must hold a passport with at least 6 months validity.
- You must apply in the Japanese Embassy in the country of your citizenship/long term residence.
- The cost of the visa is estimated at JPY 3000. The Intern Group’s program fee does not cover this and other associated expenses regarding the visa application.
- This visa is valid for 3 months upon approval and lasts for 90 days upon arrival.
- This visa is for single entry.
- If your program lasts more than 90 days, you are required to leave (before your first entry permit expires) and re-enter Japan.
- You must not engage in paid activities in Japan.
- Temporary Visitor Visa
Immigration regulations are constantly changing so please be advised that the above information may change at any time.