Visa information for Tokyo
As a participant on The Intern Group’s program in Tokyo, you will have access to our visa specialist, who will guide you through everything you need to know about interning in Japan. Our team will support you through the process of obtaining it, to ensure you have a smooth arrival to Tokyo!
- You must be at least 18 years old
- You must hold a passport with at least 6 months validity
- An unpaid internship that lasts fewer than 90 days is regarded as a voluntary activity and can be conducted on a visitor’s status.
- You are not required a visa to take part in our Tokyo program, if your nationality is on THIS LIST
- If your program lasts more than 90 days, you are required to leave and re-enter Japan, also as a visitor, before your first entry permit expires.
- Application must be filed in person or (if applicable) by post to the Japanese Embassy in your location
- Visa cost is ~ Japanese Yen 3,000. The Intern Group’s program fee does not cover this and other associated expenses regarding the visa application
- This visa is valid for 12 months and lasts for 90 days (single entry) upon arrival
- Temporary Visitor Visa
Immigration regulations are constantly changing so please be advised that the above information may differ anytime