Visa information for Tokyo
Obtaining a visa is one of the most challenging and daunting aspects about going abroad. However, The Intern Group’s inclusive package provides every participant with access to our experienced visa specialists. We are here every step of the way to make sure your visa process is straightforward and stress-free.
- You must hold a passport with at least 6 months validity and 2 blank pages.
- An unpaid internship that lasts fewer than 90 days is regarded as a voluntary activity and can be conducted on a visitor’s status.
- You are not required a visa if your nationality is on THIS LIST.
- If your program lasts more than 90 days, you are required to leave and re-enter Japan, also as a visitor, before your first entry permit expires.
- Your application must be filed in person or (if applicable) by post to the Japanese Embassy in your location.
- The cost of the visa is estimated at 3,000 Japanese Yen. The Intern Group’s program fee does not cover this and other associated expenses regarding the visa application.
- This visa is valid for 3 months and lasts for 90 days (single entry) upon arrival.
- Temporary Visitor Visa
Immigration regulations are constantly changing so please be advised that the above information may change at any time.