Visa information for Tokyo
- You must be at least 18 years old
- You must hold a passport with at least 6 months validity
- An unpaid internship that lasts fewer than 90 days is regarded as a voluntary activity and can be conducted on a visitor’s status.
- You are not required a visa to take part in our Tokyo program, if your nationality is on THIS LIST
- If your program lasts more than 90 days, you are required to leave and re-enter Japan, also as a visitor, before your first entry permit expires.
- Application must be filed in person or (if applicable) by post to the Japanese Embassy in your location
- Visa cost is ~ Japanese Yen 3,000. The Intern Group’s program fee does not cover this and other associated expenses regarding the visa application
- This visa is valid for 12 months and lasts for 90 days (single entry) upon arrival
- Temporary Visitor Visa
Immigration regulations are constantly changing so please be advised that the above information may differ anytime