Visa information for Bangkok
Thailand is one of the most visited places in the world – for vacation and work alike. Internship is regarded as an educational activity in Thailand, however it is not supported by an educational institution. Its visa requirements can be tricky to navigate, which is why we have a visa specialist to work with each of our interns step by step through the process of obtaining the visa.
- You must be at least 18 years old
- You must hold a passport with at least 6 months validity
- You must be a current university student at the time of application, or a university graduate
- You must demonstrate a sufficient, personal financial standing (~ Thai Baht 40,000+ or equivalent) at the time of application
- You must apply for the visa in a country where the Royal Thai Embassy has a consular services office (see directory: http://www.thaiembassy.org/main/)
- Application must be filed in person or (if applicable) by post to the Thai Embassy in your location
- Nigerian applicants must, in advance of applying for a visa, obtain Clearance Certificate issued by the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (N.D.L.E.A) in Nigeria. For details, please inquire with the Royal Thai Embassy in Nigeria.
- Visa cost is ~ Thai Baht 5,000. The Intern Group’s program fee does not cover this and other associated expenses regarding the visa application
- The visa is valid for 3 months and lasts for 3 months (single entry) upon arrival
- Non-immigrant Education (ED) Visa
- Non-immigrant Volunteering (O) Visa
Immigration regulations are constantly changing so please be advised that the above information may differ anytime.