Visa information for Australia
Australia is a highly desirable destination, and people from every corner of the globe seek to live, study and work there. The exclusivity of Australia means that the visa requirements can be tricky to navigate, which is why we have a visa specialist to work with each of our interns step by step through the process of obtaining the visa.
- You must hold a passport of one of these nationalities HERE or HERE
- You must be at least 18 years old and under 31 years old
- You must demonstrate an upper intermediate level of English
- You must demonstrate a sufficient, personal financial standing (~ AUD 5,000+ or equivalent) at the time of application submission
- You must hold adequate health insurance cover for the entire time you are in Australia
- If you are outside Australia when you apply, you must be outside Australia when the visa is granted
- If you are in Australia when you apply, you must be in Australia when the visa is granted
- Online application is accepted, except for People’s Republic of China’s nationals
- Some visas are subject to an annual quota whose occupancy rate is non-disclosable by the Department of Home Affairs
- Visa cost is ~ AUS 485. The Intern Group’s program fee does not cover this and other associated expenses regarding the visa application
- This visa is valid for 12 months and lasts for 12 months upon arrival
- New Zealand nationals do not need a visa to take part in our Australia program.
- Work and Holiday Visa (Subclass 462)
- Working Holiday Visa (Subclass 417)
Immigration regulations are constantly changing so please be advised that the above information may differ anytime.