Visa information for Australia
Australia is a highly desirable destination, and people from every corner of the globe seek to live, study and work there. This exclusivity means that the visa requirements can be tricky to navigate, which is why we have a team of visa experts to work with each of our interns. Our local Australian team is a truly invaluable resource, and will guide you step by step through the process of obtaining your visa.
- You must be at least 18 years old and under 31 years old
- You must demonstrate an upper intermediate level of English
- You should be able to demonstrate that you have adequate means of support to cover all expenses associated with your stay in Australia, including the ability to pay for return air fares to your home country.
- You must hold adequate health insurance cover for the entire time you are in Australia (we can ensure you have appropriate cover if required)
- If you are outside Australia when you apply, you must be outside Australia when the visa is granted
- If you are in Australia when you apply, you must be in Australia when the visa is granted
- This visa is valid for the duration of the internship with a maximum length of six months
- You must depart Australia when your internship ends
New Zealand nationals do not need a visa to take part in our Australia program.
In Australia we use 2 visas. It is recommended to apply 6 months in advance for the Temporary Activity Visa while other visas can take 3 months or less to process.
1) 462 Working Holiday Visa
You must be at least 18 and under the age of 31. Some countries have a very finite quota under this visa. US citizens can apply online. A list of countries is included below. Visa cost: AUD$420
- China, People’s Republic of
- Czech Republic
- San Marino
- Slovak Republic
- United States
2) Working Holiday Visa (Subclass 417)
You must be at least 18 and under the age of 31. Some countries have a very finite quota under this visa. US citizens can apply online. A list of countries is included below. Visa cost: AUD$450
- Republic of Cyprus
- Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China (including British National Overseas passport holders)
- Republic of Ireland
- Republic of Korea
- United Kingdom