Visa information for Boston
Obtaining a visa is one of the most challenging and daunting aspects about going abroad. However, The Intern Group’s inclusive package enables every participant the access to our experienced visa specialists. We are here every step of the way towards a successful application, and make your visa process straightforward and stress-free.
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- You must hold a passport with at least 12 months validity and have 3 blank pages.
- You must be a full time undergraduate or a recent graduate of a university outside of USA (within 12 months) when your internship begins. Online degree is not eligible.
- Your internship must be relevant to your field of study
- You must maintain sufficient financial standing (at least USD 1500, or equivalent, per every month of your stay in US) at the time of application
- You must demonstrate sufficient return evidence that you will not overstay in USA after the internship.
- The procedure is to first secure a sponsorship (from an authorized US visa sponsor), then a visa (from the US Embassy). The process takes at least 6 weeks.
- Visa cost is estimated between USD 1200 – 1800, subject to your program duration and other factors. The Intern Group’s program fee does not cover the government cost and other associated expenses regarding this visa application.
- The visa is valid for 30 days and lasts the same as your program duration, upon arrival.
- Type J1 (Intern/Trainee)
Immigration regulations are constantly changing so please be advised that the above information may differ anytime.