Visa information for California
Obtaining a visa is one of the most challenging and daunting aspects about going abroad. However, The Intern Group’s inclusive package provides every participant with the access to our experienced visa specialists. We are here every step of the way towards a successful application, and make your visa process straightforward and stress-free.
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- You must hold a passport with at least 12 months validity and 3 blank pages.
- You must be enrolled as a full time student at a university (outside USA) or a recent graduate (within 12 months) when your internship begins.
- Your internship must be relevant to your field of study.
- You must demonstrate sufficient financial standing around the time of your visa application (USD 1500+ or equivalent per every month of your program duration).
- You must demonstrate sufficient return evidence that you will not overstay in USA after your internship.
- The procedure is to first secure a sponsorship (from an authorized US visa sponsor), then a visa (from the US Embassy). The process takes at least 6 weeks.
- Visa cost varies between USD 160 – 1800, subject to your program duration and other factors. The Intern Group’s program fee does not cover the government cost and other associated expenses regarding this visa application.
- The visa is valid for 30 days and lasts the same as your program duration, upon arrival.
- No dependents are allowed.
- Type J1 (Intern/Trainee)
Immigration regulations are constantly changing so please be advised that the above information may differ anytime.