Cultural immersion & community in Colombia
The Colombian Experience
Medellin is a vibrant, colorful city that people from all over the country and the world call home. The friends and connections you make while living in Colombia will last a lifetime. More than 150 nationalities are represented in The Intern Group’s global community, which is made up of passionate global professionals from every possible background. While in Medellin, you’ll be immersed in both Colombian culture and the international community that exists there. The choice to pursue local or international connections will be up to you, but we always recommend both!
In addition to an internship in your career field, our internships in Colombia program provides an entire cultural experience.
El Penol and Guatape Trip
Traveling abroad for your internship is a big step. Our full-time team in Colombia will organize your airport pick-up and drop-off for your internship program. Paisas are extremely eager to show the rest of the world why Colombia is so great. From providing you with recommendations of the best museums to check out, to being there to support you with your professional development growth, you can be sure to count on our Colombia team.
The Intern Group also partners with Talkspace to provide all of our participants with fully anonymous access to a licensed online therapist for up to 3 months. This ensures you’ll always have someone to talk to when adjusting to life in Medellin.
Colombia: Language Classes
We are proud to be partners with one of the best universities in Colombia – Universidad EAFIT, located in El Poblado. Having educated an array of prominent Colombian businessmen, politicians and artists and with over 30,000 students subscribed, it’s a great chance to immediately make new Colombian friends.
All levels of Spanish
The classes correspond and conform fully to the European Union’s framework of Reference for Languages (A1 – C2):
- Beginner I, II: A1 Breakthrough
- Beginner III, IV: A2 Waystage
- Intermediate I, II: B1 Threshold
- Intermediate III,IV: B2 Vantage
- Intermediate V and Pre-advanced I, II: C1- Effective Operational Proficiency
- Highly Advanced I, II and Superior: C2- Mastery
Group classes during your internship
- Our 2-week intensive course is perfect if you want to immediately boost your Spanish. It consists of 40 hours of group classes, running from 9 AM to 1 PM, Monday-Friday. For this option, interns will go to their internship in the afternoon, after their Spanish class.
- This general Spanish course gives you the opportunity to improve your all-around ability in Spanish by focusing on grammar, vocabulary development, speaking, listening and writing skills. Groups are always made up of fewer than 8 students. Everyone will be placed into a group of students with a similar level of Spanish.
- Language classes are available throughout the whole year. Please note that they are not included in the program and have an additional cost of $500 USD. This will be paid in Colombia, directly to our partner university. Participants are also responsible for buying language textbooks.