Partnering with a range of first-class companies and NGOs, our program offers comprehensive personal and professional development. We offer internships in London across all career fields.
London is a city of many faces – a hub of global business and finance, a magnet for the creative sector, and the home of many NGOs. Our London internships offer successful applicants the opportunity to develop professionally in the career field of their choice.
London is a majestic city, full of history and beauty. It is also a city of ambition, on the forefront of the globe in a variety of fields. For centuries, London has attracted the best and brightest from all over the world. An internship in London will make your resume shine.
In today’s competitive global economy, an internship in London is an invaluable addition to any resume.
Working abroad shows an independent attitude, a clear drive to succeed, and an impressive cultural sensitivity.
Why choose our internships? London offers applicants a unique opportunity to gain vital work experience and industry exposure in one of the world’s most important cities. Our internship program provides you with all of the stability and support necessary to ensure that your experience is fruitful and rewarding. Quality accommodation, all of your public transportation in London, internship mentoring, professional training resources, cultural and social events, and 24/7 local support are all included. You will develop a global network in meeting other program participants, make extensive connections in London, and later become part of our powerful alumni network.
As Featured In:
In the 21st century London finds itself the headquarters to many of the world’s most important companies. The largest city in Europe and by far its biggest economy. A mesmerizing mix of culture, architecture, global cuisine, fashion, nightlife and business. This is a city that has it all!
Stand on Millennium Bridge at night and see the skyscrapers of the City of London, set against the backdrop of St Paul’s Cathedral. Walk the streets of Westminster where the politicians battle one another in the Houses of Parliament, just next-door from Buckingham Palace.
Explore the East End, the coolest nightlife zone in Europe, where fashion trends are set and followed the world over. This is a city where potential is realized. This is a city where individuals flourish.
We provide you with accommodation in safe, residential areas of London that include: Canada Water, Rotherhithe and Surrey Quays.
You can choose from two accommodation options if you start your program outside summer start dates (June 18th & July 2nd).
We offer private bedrooms in shared apartments.
All of the student apartments are located near to one another. The apartments are excellently located 25 minutes from Central London and are the ideal base for exploring London during your stay.
Both housing options come with bedding, WIFI and cleaning as standard. Crucially, we take great care to make sure that all our housing options are located within a reasonable commute (within 35-60 minutes is typical) to your work by bus, metro or walk.
We provide private bedrooms in family home-stays. Living with a London family is the perfect option if you wish to perfect your English and immediately be immersed in London life and culture.
All of our families have been carefully vetted by our partner accommodation provider who have been working with many of the families for over 20 years. The vast majority are experienced in receiving international participants from all corners of the world.
HALLS OF RESIDENCE
Included in Every Program
All participants enrolled on The Intern Group programs automatically benefit from a host of unique advantages. In addition to a professional internship placement and housing, our London internship program provides you with the following:
A full array of top class professional and cultural development resources. The focus of our international internship programs is on participants’ personal and professional growth. Alongside developing the independence and cultural awareness of living and working in a new country, our program places equal emphasis on the enhancement of the skills and experience required to fulfill their career ambitions. There are 6 key components to our professional and cultural development suite.
- Workplace skills workshop focusing on many areas including professional development and core communication skills required to succeed in any environment.
- Intercultural competence training series to prepare you for the cultural differences that you’ll face when interning in a foreign country
- Self assessment HR tool typically reserved for CEOs and corporate leaders
- A bespoke career development workshop. You will take part in an intimate group session with an elite career coach designed to enhance your interview skills, personal branding and situational workplace scenario training. This is a unique experience not to be missed.
- A wide array of training materials to ensure you have the guidance and support to maximize the benefit of your internship experience.
- A personalized, one hour session with a professional Alumni Success Coach. Our experienced career coaches specialize in a wide variety of topics ranging from landing your dream job, to Linkedin branding and negotiating salaries. You choose from our portfolio of experts who you would like to guide you through your next steps after your international internship. *Eligible for interns interviewed after June 1st, 2017.
All your public transportation in London valid in the zones of your accommodation and workplace (typically in zones 1 and 2). We provide your with your public transportation for the first month.
A full calendar of social and cultural events! Our full-time local team in London know the city inside out and will show you the best of it! The internship program includes the following events, free of charge for all participants:
- Afternoon Tea Service: Afternoon Tea in London is an institution. You will enjoy some of the finest tea in the world, along with exquisite pastries, at one of the most exclusive venues in the city of London.
- London Eye and River Cruise: Spend the afternoon seeing the sights of London! First, from the famous London Eye where you will get a full 360 degree view of the city. Afterwards enjoy a relaxing cruise along the Thames with fun city facts along the way!
- A West End Theater Night: London’s theater scene is ranked amongst the very best in the world. You will enjoy a first class evening at a top play or musical such as Chicago or Phantom of the Opera.
An active international community in London where optional meet-ups are constantly planned. At all times of the year we have large numbers of talented participants on our programs from all over the world. You will immediately become part of an international community, providing you with friends and networks to last a lifetime!
Great support from our full-time local team with local expertise, from start to finish. Our full-time team in London are all experts on the city and are incredibly proud of it – they want to show you why! They will organize your airport pick-up when you arrive in London as well as your airport drop-off at the end of your internship. The team will also provide a thorough welcome orientation to help you settle into this great city and feel at ease. During the welcome orientation you will receive a welcome package with your pre-loaded London transportation card, known as an Oyster Card, city maps and important information.
This is the London Experience.The Intern Group in London will make sure that you have all of the resources necessary for your professional development and cultural immersion. We want you to work hard but also have the time of your life. Your internship program in London includes a wide range of cultural and social events. Check out our participants in London:
Dates & Program fees
*Note: The cost of the program is fixed in British Pounds (GBP). The approximate equivalents in other currencies are displayed here only for your convenience.*
(June 16th & July 7th)
|Convert fees to|
Program fees do not include visa fees, flights, insurance or daily food & drink.
Summer fees apply to June 18th and July 2nd starters.
Program Start Dates
Programs are available all-year-round on a rolling admission schedule with the following start dates:
Alumni Discount – If you have already completed an internship program with us in the past, you are eligible for an Alumni Discount*.
*10% Alumni Discount for program start dates year round excluding peak season (June and July).
*5% Alumni Discount for program start dates in June and July.
Discount for Financial Aid Recipients
- If you are a college student in the USA receiving a Pell Grant, you are eligible for a 500 USD discount off any of our programs.
- If you are a college or university student in Australia receiving Youth Allowance, you are eligible for a 500 USD discount off any of our programs.
- If you are a college or university student in Canada receiving the Canada Student Grant (CSG), you are eligible for a 500 USD discount off any of our programs
Please view our financing page for more information on funding your international internship program.
No application fee.
Submit application online.
Schedule an interview by phone or skype with our admissions team.
Evaluation of your interview and resume/CV by our admissions team.
If you are accepted into the program, congratulations!
Confirm your place in the program by making a deposit of 500 British Pounds.
Half of balance due
50% of your remaining fee is due within 30 days of enrollment. Our money-back guarantee covers you through the entire process.
remaining balance due
You will be asked to pay the remaining balance within 21 days of having your internship role confirmed.
pack your bags
You are ready to start the adventure of a lifetime!