Visa information for London
Obtaining a visa is one of the most challenging and daunting aspects about going abroad. However, The Intern Group’s inclusive package enables every participant the access to our experienced visa specialists. We are here every step of the way towards a successful application, and make your visa process straightforward and stress-free.
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- You must hold a passport with at least 12 months validity.
- You and your direct family members cannot be eligible for British citizenship.
- You must apply for the visa in a country where you are allowed to stay for at least 6 months consecutively
- You must be a currently enrolled full-time degree university student or a recent graduate who has completed your classes within 24 months before the start of your internship. Online degree is not eligible.
- You must maintain sufficient financial standing (GBP 1270+, or equivalent) for at least 28 days consecutively prior to the time of your visa application.
- British/Irish nationals, EUSS personnel, and Student/Graduate Routes are exempted for a visa.
- The procedure is to first secure a sponsorship (from an authorized UK visa sponsor), then a visa (from the UKVI). The entire process takes at least 6 weeks.
- IELTS certificate (minimum 6.0) maybe required if English is not your first language.
- Visa cost is around GBP 900. The Intern Group’s program fee does not cover the government cost and other associated expenses regarding this visa application.
- The visa includes multiple entries and lasts as long as your program.
- Tier 5 – Government Authorized Exchange (GAE) Worker