Visa information for London
Obtaining a visa is one of the most challenging and daunting aspects about going abroad. However, The Intern Group’s inclusive package enables every participant the access to our experienced visa specialists. We are here every step of the way towards a successful application, and make your visa process straightforward and stress-free.
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- You must hold a passport with at least 12 months validity.
- You and your direct family members cannot be eligible for British citizenship.
- You must be a full time undergraduate or a recent graduate (within 24 months) when your internship begins. Online degree is not eligible.
- You must maintain sufficient financial standing (GBP 1270+, or equivalent) for at least 28 days consecutively at the time of application.
- An IELTS certificate (minimum 6.0) maybe required if English is not your first language.
- British/Irish nationals, EUSS personnel, and Student/Graduate Routes are exempted for a visa.
- The procedure is to first secure a sponsorship (from an authorized UK visa sponsor), then a visa (from UKVI). The entire process takes at least 6 weeks.
- You must apply in the country of your citizenship or long term residency (permitted to stay for at least 6 months).
- If you would like to switch your Tier 4 visa to a Tier 5 visa in-country, you must apply at least 3 months before your Tier 4 visa expires.
- Visa cost is estimated at GBP 900. The Intern Group’s program fee does not cover the government cost and other associated expenses regarding this visa application.
- The visa is valid for your exact program dates and lasts the same as your program duration.
- Tier 5 – Government Authorized Exchange (GAE) Worker
Immigration regulations are constantly changing so please be advised that the above information may differ anytime.