Madrid is a historic yet modern city, a center of global business, and the headquarters to many of Europe’s, and the world’s, largest companies. Our Spain internship program offers you a professional internship in your chosen career field, and all of the support and infrastructure necessary to have the best experience abroad.
In today’s competitive global economy, internships in Spain are a high-value differentiator for any resume. Our program offers an amazing opportunity to gain essential work experience and industry exposure in an international environment. You will develop extensive professional connections and lifelong friendships with other program participants, experience the best of what this mesmerizing and vibrant city has to offer, and become part of a powerful alumni network to benefit your future career.
Working overseas will enable you to demonstrate independence, ambition, drive, language skills, and an impressive cultural awareness to future employers.
Our program provides you with all of the stability and support necessary to ensure that your stay is fruitful and rewarding, and that you make the most of your internship in Spain. Quality accommodation, Madrid transport, cultural and social events, internship mentoring, advanced professional training, and 24/7 local support are all included in your internship program.
Due to the exclusivity of our partner companies, it must be noted that our program is selective.
Apply now to gain a major head start in your career with The Intern Group in Spain. Internships in Spain are offered across all industry sectors.
As Featured In:
About Madrid, Spain
Madrid is a capital of contradictions: bursting to the seams with modernity and business whilst still maintaining its strong historical, cultural and leisurely side. In this city you will find absolutely everything that a capital has to offer together with the safety and proximity you would expect of a small town. After a few weeks spent exploring you will feel at home but you will also know that there will always be lots left to explore!
This is a city of business, culture, cuisine and nightlife. Madrileños have perfected the lifestyle of work hard and play harder. Some of the world’s best museums, lots of the world’s finest art, award winning restaurants, a variety of theater, nightclubs with 7 floors and an incredible live music scene, the Spanish capital has something for everyone. In fact, the Madrileño nightlife is renowned the world over. It has the highest amount of bars and clubs, per-capita, in the world. Any day of the week, at 3am you can find yourself stuck in a traffic jam as you head to one of the top night spots. This is the city that never sleeps.
Madrileños themselves are famous for being fun, interesting, welcoming and kind. They will bring you into their group of friends and make you feel at home whilst happily teaching you all there is to know about Spanish culture. The Madrileños will party with you every day of the week, feed you the best food, help you speak Spanish and tell you their stories and happily listen to yours. They are known for being “Detallista” – they remember the small details.
Madrid is also the doorway to Spain: with its fast railway and modern highways, you can be skiing in the Madrid Mountains or sunbathing on the beaches of Valencia or Málaga in under a couple of hours. Madrid encourages all visitors to go and explore everything that Spain has to offer and it is also within easy reach of other European capitals. As an intern in Madrid you really do get the best of all worlds: the educational and unparalleled cultural experience and the chance to develop your Spanish language skills. We think this is an unbeatable mix.
“Madrileños, the locals of Madrid, are famously proud of their wonderful city. As the famous Spanish phrase goes, once you’ve been to Madrid the only place that can top it is Heaven.”
EU nationals are not required to obtain study visas to study/intern in Spain.
Visas are not required for courses of less than 90 days (i.e. 12 weeks) for nationals of some countries. Please consult your Spanish consulate to find out whether your country is included.
- Consult your local Spanish Embassy or Consulate about Spanish study visa requirements for your country at least 120 days prior to departure.
- Enroll with Intern Madrid advising us of your nationality and your country’s specific study visa requirements, if any exist. Please note prior to granting a Spanish study visa, your local Spanish Embassy will require Intern Madrid to confirm that your Spanish program and accommodation fees have been paid for in full.
- Intern Madrid will send you a Certificate of Enrollment (Study Visa Invitation letter) by email.
Certificate of Enrollment – your “study visa invitation”
This will be required by your local Spanish Embassy or Consulate prior to issuing a study visa. The document is evidence that you are enrolled in a course and will state your name, the course details, your accommodation details, the dates of study and confirmation of the amount paid for the course and accommodation fees. It is signed by the Intern Madrid Director.
Spanish Study Visa Application
The application should be made at least three months before your departure date.
It is the local Spanish Embassy/Consulate who makes all decisions regarding the granting of study visas and their decision is final.
Typical Visa Requirements
The following documentation is required to be submitted to your local Spanish embassy by you in person or by your legal representative. Note: requirements change depending which consulate you are going to.
- Passport valid for a minimum of six months with three photocopies of the personal information and photo page
- 4 recent pictures, passport size
- Completed Spanish study visa application form
- Proof of admission to Intern Madrid as a full-time student (provided by Intern Madrid)
- Private health insurance policy
- Original medical certificate typed on doctor stationary verifying that the applicant is free from the following quarantine diseases: yellow fever, cholera, and the plague. The certificate must also certify that the applicant is free of drug addictions and mental illness. A translation into Spanish must be provided
- Confirmation that accommodation details while in Spain have been paid for in full (provided by Intern Madrid)
- Proof of financial means for the period of study in Spain. This could be:
- Certificate of enrollment from Intern Madrid stating educational and living expenses have been paid for in advance, or
- Notarized letter of parents/custodians, assuming financial responsibility while student is in Spain, or
- Current statement of the student’s bank account with a minimum balance of $1000 per month of stay in Spain or $1000 worth of travelers checks per month of stay in Spain.
Rules and regulations for visas change constantly. Whilst we make every effort to keep abreast of changes, we cannot guarantee that the information above is accurate or complete. We cannot accept any responsibility or be held liable for your visa application and we strongly recommend that you contact your local Spanish Embassy or Consulate as early as possible to ensure that you are aware of the requirements for your country and have all necessary documentation.
Student Housing (private bedroom)
You will live in typical student housing which will provide everything you will need during your stay and enable you to explore the city. Program participants will either reside in shared apartments with other participants and tenants, or they will live in studio apartments in the same building as other participants. The buildings vary, from classic historic properties to contemporary modern ones, and all are located in safe and exciting neighborhoods. These apartments and studios are suitable for short term and long term stays, providing freedom and security for our program participants.
The neighborhoods have supermarkets, restaurants, gyms and other local amenities – Living amid an active community of other program participants, whether in the same building or in nearby neighbourhoods – Freedom to live like a native and use the accommodation as a great base both for relaxing and for exploring the city.
The chance to live and work in a new city is a unique life experience! It may be challenging at times, yet we can assure you that everything is in place to help you settle into life here and have a productive and rewarding experience.
Included in Every Program
The Intern Group program is more than an internship – it’s an entire experience. Each program also includes everything that you need in order to make the most of your internship and your time in Madrid. All you have to do is take that step and meet us in Madrid. Our team will do the rest.
In addition to your guaranteed professional internship and housing, each Intern Group program includes the following:
A full array of top class professional and cultural development resources. The focus of our international internship programs is on participants’ personal and professional growth. Alongside developing the independence and cultural awareness of living and working in a new country, our program places equal emphasis on the enhancement of the skills and experience required to fulfill their career ambitions. There are 6 key components to our professional and cultural development suite.
- “Get a Job Without Even Applying” – a professional workshop focused on:
-how to find jobs without even applying to them
-how to access the “hidden job market”
-how to network without hating it
-strategies that work for extroverts AND introverts
- Intercultural competence training series to prepare you for the cultural differences that you’ll face when interning in a foreign country.
- Self assessment HR tool typically reserved for CEOs and corporate leaders.
- A wide array of training materials to ensure you have the guidance and support to maximize the benefit of your internship experience.
- A personalized, one hour session with a professional Alumni Success Coach. Our experienced career coaches specialize in a wide variety of topics ranging from landing your dream job, to Linkedin branding and negotiating salaries. You choose from our portfolio of experts who you would like to guide you through your next steps after your international internship. *Eligible for interns interviewed after June 1st, 2017.
Your first month’s transportation in Madrid. We provide you with a pre-loaded transportation card for the first month of your stay, giving you free and unlimited use of the metro and bus network 24/7. Transport cards typically take some time to process but we will ensure this is all prepared for your arrival. This way you can focus on settling in well and excelling in your internship.
A full calendar of social and cultural events. Our full-time local team in Madrid know the city inside out and will show you the best of it! The Spain internship program includes the following events, free of charge for all participants:
- A Dinner and Flamenco show.
Enjoy a traditional Spanish night out and dive into Spanish culture with a tasty tapas dinner and Flamenco show!
- Day trip to beautiful Toledo.
Toledo was declared a world heritage site by UNESCO in 1986 for its extensive cultural and monumental heritage. You will breathe in its sights and sounds, visit museums and have a traditional Spanish lunch.
- Lunch at the Real Madrid Stadium and a City Bus tour.
You will enjoy a three course lunch overlooking the vast and impressive Real Madrid stadium, the world-renowned Santiago Bernabéu. You’ll then get to experience all that Spain’s capital has to offer on the Madrid City Bus tour, from the historical center to all the key areas of the capital.
In addition to these included events, we also organize regular optional activities on a weekly basis. Meet-ups are frequent, as are trips to museums, cinemas and restaurants. Our team is determined to show you the best of Madrid, and the best of Spain.
An active international community in Madrid where optional meet-ups are constantly planned. At all times of the year we welcome talented participants on our programs from all over the world. You will immediately become part of an international community, providing you with friends and networks to last a lifetime!
Great support from our full-time local team with local expertise, from start to finish. Our full-time team in Madrid are all experts on the city’s life and culture. They are incredibly proud of it and they want to show you why. From organizing your airport pick-up and drop-off to arranging your accommodation, they will ensure that you have everything you need for your arrival and help you settle into this great city. Upon your arrival, you will receive a welcome package with your pre-loaded Madrid transportation card, city maps and important information. The team will be on hand to ensure that you have everything you need to excel in your new role.
An optional addition to your internship program is a Spanish language course. This is a great way to improve your Spanish before or during your internship. There is no better place to learn Spanish than in Spain, the language’s home.
Our Partner School – AIL Academy
AIL Academy was founded in Madrid, Spain in 2005. It is located right in the heart of Madrid and is perfect for students of all abilities to improve or perfect their Spanish language. Located close to our accommodation, it is easy and fun to immerse yourself into Madrileño life with your new language skills.
All levels of Spanish
On your first day at Spanish school in Madrid you will take a short test to determine which class is right for you.
Our partner school offers Spanish classes across all levels – from Beginner to Highly Advanced – corresponding exactly to the European Union´s framework of Reference for Languages (A1 – C2):
- Beginner I: A1 Breakthrough
- Beginner II: A2 Waystage
- Intermediate I: B1 Threshold
- Intermediate II: B2 Vantage
- Intermediate III and Pre-advanced: C1 Effective Operational Proficiency
- Highly Advanced and Superior: C2 Mastery
Choose the class that suits you – An intensive refresher course before your internship program or private classes during your internship program.
Our intensive refresher course is perfect if you want an immediate boost to your Spanish either before or during your internship. Consisting of 20 hours of group classes per week and running from 9am-12.30pm, or 1pm-4.30pm, this general Spanish course gives you the opportunity to improve your abilities in Spanish by focusing on grammar, vocabulary development, speaking, listening, and writing skills. Groups are always made up of less than 8 people.
Prices per week:
- 10 group classes = €90
- 20 group classes in the morning or afternoon = €153
- 30 group classes in the morning or afternoon = €225
- 20 group classes + 5 private classes = €288
- There is a matriculation fee of €50 which includes your first course book.
Evening or weekend classes can be perfect for those wanting to continue their Spanish language learning throughout their internship. If a morning or afternoon class wouldn’t fit your schedule, an evening or weekend course could be a great option. With evening classes running from 7pm-8.30pm or 8.30pm-10pm and weekend classes running at various different times, these classes will be a fantastic weekly boost to your language. Groups are always made up of less than 10 people.
- Evening Course: 4 classes per week on Tuesdays and Thursdays = Prices vary depending on number of weeks. Please ask your Admissions Officer for more information.
- Weekend Course: 12 week course with 3 classes per week = €252
This is the Madrid Experience. The Intern Group in Madrid will make sure that you have all of the resources necessary for your professional development and cultural immersion. We want you to work hard but also have the time of your life. Your internship program in Madrid includes a wide range of cultural and social events. Check out our participants in Madrid:
Dates & Program fees
*Note: The cost of the program is fixed in Euros (EURO). The approximate equivalents in other currencies are displayed here only for your convenience.*
|Convert fees to|
Program fees do not include visa fees, flights, insurance or daily food & drink.
Program Start Dates
Programs are available all-year-round on a rolling admission schedule with the following start dates:
Alumni Discount – If you have already completed an internship program with us in the past, you are eligible for an Alumni Discount*.
*10% Alumni Discount for program start dates year round excluding peak season (June and July).
*5% Alumni Discount for program start dates in June and July.
Discount for Financial Aid Recipients
- If you are a college student in the USA receiving a Pell Grant, you are eligible for a 500 USD discount off any of our programs.
- If you are a college or university student in the UK receiving a Maintenance Loan of over £8200 or a Maintenance Grant, you are eligible for a 500 USD discount off any of our programs.
- If you are a college or university student in Australia receiving Youth Allowance, you are eligible for a 500 USD discount off any of our programs.
- If you are a college or university student in Canada receiving the Canada Student Grant (CSG), you are eligible for a 500 USD discount off any of our programs.
Please view our financing page for more information on funding your international internship program.
No application fee.
Submit application online.
Schedule an interview by phone or skype with our admissions team.
Evaluation of your interview and resume/CV by our admissions team.
If you are accepted into the program, congratulations!
Confirm your place in the program by making a deposit of 500 British Pounds.
Half of balance due
50% of your remaining fee is due within 30 days of enrollment. Our money-back guarantee covers you through the entire process.
remaining balance due
You will be asked to pay the remaining balance within 21 days of having your internship role confirmed.
pack your bags
You are ready to start the adventure of a lifetime!