Visa information for New York
Obtaining a visa is one of the most challenging and daunting aspects about going abroad. However, The Intern Group’s inclusive package enables every participant the access to our experienced visa specialists. We are here every step of the way towards a successful application, and make your visa process straightforward and stress-free.
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- You must hold a passport with at least 6 months validity after the intended end date of the internship.
- You must be either
- Currently studying at a degree-granting post-secondary academic institution outside USA; or
- Have graduated from a degree-granting post-secondary academic institution outside USA no more than 12 months prior to the internship; or
- Has a degree from a post-secondary academic institution outside of USA and at least 1 year of relevant work experience outside USA; or
- Has at least 5 years of relevant work experience outside USA.
- Your online or part time degrees are ineligible.
- Your internship must be relevant to your degree or full time employment.
- You must maintain sufficient financial standing (at least USD 1500, or equivalent, per every month of your stay in US) at the time of application
- You must demonstrate sufficient return evidence that you will not overstay in USA after the internship.
- US nationals, US Green Card holders, and F1 visa holders are exempted for a visa.
- The procedure is to first secure a sponsorship (from an authorized US visa sponsor), then a visa (from the US Embassy). The process takes at least 6 weeks.
- Visa cost is estimated between USD 1200 – 1800, subject to your program duration. The Intern Group’s program fee does not cover the government cost and other associated expenses regarding this visa application.
- The visa is valid for 30 days and lasts the same as your program duration, upon arrival.
- J1 (Intern)
- J1 (Trainee)
Immigration regulations are constantly changing so please be advised that the above information may differ anytime.