Visa information for Shanghai
Obtaining a visa is one of the most challenging and daunting aspects about going abroad. However, The Intern Group’s inclusive package provides every participant with access to our experienced visa specialists. We are here every step of the way to make sure your visa process is straightforward and stress-free.
- You must be at least 18 years old
- You must hold a passport with at least 6 months validity
- Your application must be filed in person or, if applicable, by domestic post or by a local visa agent to the China Embassy / China Visa Application Centre in your location.
- The cost of the visa varies between 1000 – 3000 RMB. The Intern Group’s program fee does not cover this and other associated expenses regarding the visa application.
- Most applicants have to sign up for and attend Mandarin Chinese classes as part of the visa requirement. An additional fee will apply, based on your program duration.
- The visa is valid for 3 months (single entry) and lasts for the duration of your program.
- The visa arrangement for citizens of the Hong Kong SAR, Macau SAR, and Taiwan varies slightly.
- Type F (cultural)
- Type X2 (short term study)
- Type S2 (private affairs)