What are familiarization trips?
Familiarization trips are short, 3 to 5-day, partially trips designed to educate current and prospective university partnerships about the The Intern Group programming, as well as learn more about the in-country experience in our program destinations. These trips provide institutional attendees, such as education abroad professionals, to explore the host city and culture, engage with host organizations, and speak with current interns. The familiarization trip will provide institutional attendees the opportunity to share their experience with their university, along with their education abroad professional network, based on first-hand experience.
What's included in a familiarization trip?
- Hotel accommodation for 5 nights during the trip
- All meals included
- Professional Development Workshop
- Q&A Session with the in-country team
- Planned activities: host organization visits, accommodation visit, cultural event
- Transportation to and from airport, as well to all activities
- Visa processing (if required)
- Round trip airfare
- Non-group meals