International NGO internships in New York are a unique opportunity for professional and personal growth, no matter your field of study. It is one of the most important cities in the international community, due in part to the fact that it is home to the United Nations’ headquarters, not to mention nonprofit organizations focusing on thousands of global issues. Interning with a nonprofit organization, whether it has a domestic or international focus, is an excellent way to launch a global career, and focus on issues and topics you’re passionate about. Depending on individual skill set and of course on the specific organization, interns are able to take on impactful roles.
Interns have previously been placed with:
Responsibilities at international NGO internships in New York may include:
- Designing and producing promotional materials
- Conducting research, compiling reports
- Drafting applications for grants and funding
- Assisting with the organization of fundraising events and awareness campaigns
- Managing social media outlets, designing social media outreach strategy