Toronto, Canada is frequently considered to be the most multicultural city in the world. This immense diversity means that international NGO internships in Toronto offer insight not just into Canada’s NGOs, but to a global network. Interns are placed in both local and multinational organizations, focusing on vital issues including female empowerment, access to education, refugee support and hunger.
Interns have previously been placed with:
Responsibilities at international NGO internships may include:
- Managing social media accounts, tracking outreach and developing strategies to increase online presence
- Assisting with planning and executing fundraising campaigns
- Creating materials for outreach and awareness-raising
- Conducting research on specific subjects related to the organization’s area of focus
- Drafting applications for grants and identifying potential sources of funding