Washington DC is frequently considered to be the most multicultural city in the world. This immense diversity means that international NGO internships in Washington DC offer insight not just into Washington DC NGOs, but to a global network. Interns are placed in both local and multinational organizations, focusing on vital issues including female empowerment, access to education, refugee support and hunger.
Responsibilities at international NGO internships may include:
- Managing social media accounts, tracking outreach and developing strategies to increase online presence
- Assisting with planning and executing fundraising campaigns
- Creating materials for outreach and awareness-raising
- Conducting research on specific subjects related to the organization’s area of focus
- Drafting applications for grants and identifying potential sources of funding