Social work internships abroad in Washington DC are the perfect opportunity for young professionals to gain a unique understanding of the social issues facing America today, and of the organizations working to combat them. The experience of interning with a top social justice organization is one that allows interns to set themselves apart from their peers, by applying their academic background in a professional setting and developing a valuable global perspective. Interns are immersed in the community of nonprofits in Washington DC, and have the chance to network and develop connections for their future career.
Responsibilities at social work internships in Washington DC may include:
- Managing social media platforms and community engagement
- Assisting with campaigns, events and fundraisers
- Surveying and analyzing demographic-based data
- Creating promotional materials
- Community outreach, campaigning, surveying and collecting demographic based data
- Executing marketing responsibilities such as blog writing, managing social media channels and creating promotional materials for the organization