In addition to a professional internship placement and housing, our Hong Kong internship program provides you with the following:
A full array of top class professional and cultural development resources. The focus of our international internship programs is on participants’ personal and professional growth. Alongside developing the independence and cultural awareness of living and working in a new country, our program places equal emphasis on the enhancement of the skills and experience required to fulfill their career ambitions. There are 5 key components to our professional and cultural development suite.
- Workplace skills workshop on all core communication skills required to succeed in any environment
- Intercultural competence training series to prepare you for the cultural differences that you’ll face when interning in a foreign country
- Self assessment HR tool typically reserved for CEOs and corporate leaders
- A wide array of training materials to ensure you have the guidance and support to maximize the benefit of your internship experience.
- A personalized, one hour session with a professional Alumni Success Coach. Our experienced career coaches specialize in a wide variety of topics ranging from landing your dream job, to Linkedin branding and negotiating salaries. You choose from our portfolio of experts who you would like to guide you through your next steps after your international internship. *Eligible for interns interviewed after June 1st, 2017.
Your first month’s transportation in Hong Kong to and from work – We provide you with a pre-loaded transportation card for the first month of your stay, giving you free use of Hong Kong’s metro system, buses and trains for your work commute! With your first month’s work commute covered, you can focus on settling into this amazing city and excelling in your internship.
A full calendar of social and cultural events – Our full-time local team in Hong Kong know the city inside out and will show you the best of it! The Hong Kong internship program includes the following events, free of charge for all participants:
A Macau day trip
Enjoy a day in the mini-Vegas of Asia, a buffet dinner at the longest buffet line (70 feet!) in Asia at the Grand Lisboa hotel, and much more!
A tour of Lantau Island
Picturesque villages and beautiful scenery provide a sanctuary away from the busy streets of downtown Hong Kong. Ride on the Ngong Ping Cable car, visit the traditional Tai O Fishing Village, climb up 240 steps to see the famous Big Buddha and enjoy a traditional Chinese vegetarian lunch in the Po Lin Monastery.
Dinner and a view on The Peak
Enjoy a delicious dinner before going up to the Sky Terrace for the most breath-taking panoramic view of Hong Kong.
In addition to these free events, we also organize regular optional events on a weekly basis. We regularly organize trips to museums, cinemas, bars, restaurants, the theater and other must-do activities in wonderful Hong Kong.
An active international community in Hong Kong where optional meet-ups are constantly planned – At all times of the year we have large numbers of talented participants on our programs from all over the world. You will immediately become part of an international community, providing you with friends and networks to last a lifetime!
Great support from our full-time local team with local expertise, from start to finish – Our full-time team in Hong Kong are all experts on the city and are incredibly proud of it – they want to show you why. They will organize your airport pick-up when you arrive in Hong Kong as well as your airport drop-off at the end of your internship. They will also provide a thorough welcome orientation to help you settle into this great city and feel at ease! During the welcome orientation you will receive a welcome package with your pre-loaded Hong Kong transportation card so that you can relax on your first day’s work commute.
*Please note that we are constantly and regularly revising our complementary excursions included in the program. The above are only examples of the types of exciting excursions we take. The excursions to be included in each participant’s program may be subject to changes due to seasonality, weather conditions, or current festivals in the country.