Now Hiring — Barcelona Community Manager
The Intern Group is the world’s leading provider of international internship programs for students and graduates. We’re an award winning education organisation operating in twelve cities worldwide. Through our global network of universities, companies and charities, we’re passionate about providing the leaders of tomorrow with international professional development and cultural experiences. This is a unique opportunity to join a rapidly growing team, that is pioneering innovation in the international education sector.
About the role:
The Intern Group is seeking a Community Manager for our Barcelona program.
Our Community Manager will play a crucial role in our program participants’ in-country experience and will ensure that we build upon and maintain the excellent standards that we have set to date. The Community Manager will be the first point of contact for all in-country participants from their welcome orientation to their exit interviews and departures. The role is dynamic, personable and requires an ability to work ‘in the field’ and also in an office style environment - it is varied and constantly changing.
Hours: 40 hours per week. (including regular weekend and evening work)
Salary: Competitive with performance related bonuses
Expected start date: May 2018
- Program Feedback - Positive feedback is the lifeblood of our organization. The Community Manager is accountable for ensuring strong feedback from interns and will use data, insight and face to face interaction to continuously improve our program.
- Pre-Arrival Communication - Setting expectations for the program, running a webinar series on our program, and establishing relationships before the interns arrive to Barcelona.
- Welcome Orientations - Management of our group arrival weekends (first Saturday of every month) and orientations are crucial to setting the right tone for the program and need to be meticulously planned and executed on a monthly basis.
- Event Management & meet-ups - Planning, management and execution of all program events, meet-ups and workshops.
- Social Media & Marketing - Responsible for managing our social media channels through engaging and inspiring content. This plays a significant part in building our intern community and marketing our program globally. Key accounts include Instagram, Facebook and Snapchat.
- Customer Service - build strong relationships with our participants and work towards improving their experience and resolving any issue or complaint that arises.
- Welfare - Responsible for their welfare during their time in Barcelona. Prepare them by talking about safety issues with them, guide them and inform them. Know where the closest hospitals are, have access to their insurance policies in case they need to see a doctor etc.
- Exit Interviews - Create and implement an exit interview system to gain in-depth insight into our program and constantly strive to improve everything that we do.
- General Admin - The role will involve admin work (such as organizing transport cards for interns and collecting accommodation keys).
- Accommodation Management - manage partnerships with our accommodation providers and continuously work to ensure we have access to the best possible housing options for our students. Booking accommodation and resolving accommodation issues will be crucial.
Our core values:
1. People focused - A passion for people and an understanding of different cultures perspectives.
2. Team player - Ability to work across different teams and understand the importance of the role within our global company.
3. Global leadership - Play a pivotal role in The Intern Group’s ambitious growth goals and continue to set standards for all of our programs globally.
4. Continuous learning - Drive to always learn, develop and progress both professionally andPersonally.
Other Important Skills:
- Fluent English and Spanish. Preferably with knowledge of Catalan.
- Excellent knowledge of Barcelona and Spain.
- Engaging and outgoing personality
- Ability to form strong relationships with a variety of different people and different cultures
- Excellent organizational skills - ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Ability to use data and feedback to drive continuous improvement
- Preferably with knowledge of social media and digital marketing channels
- Previous experience within customer service, event management & or hospitality sector
- Available for flexible working patterns, including regular evening and weekend work
- Passion for travel and cultural exchange
- Competitive performance related bonus structure
- Opportunities for international travel
- 23 annual days leave, plus National and Local holidays and birthday
- Clear career progression paths within a high-growth and globally recognized company
To apply for the position send your CV and one page cover letter on why you would be the perfect candidate for this position, to email@example.com. The email subject should be marked as ‘Barcelona Community Manager’.
Please note we can only accept applications from those who have the legal right to work in Spain.