10 things that make Melbourne wonderful
What’s so special about internships in Australia, and Melbourne specifically?
1. It’s the live music capital of Australia with the highest concentration of live music venues in the country.
2. The city claims the largest Greek-speaking population outside Europe.
3. Melbourne holds the world’s highest number of cafes and restaurants per person.
4. Melbourne is home to the tallest residential building in the world – the Eureka Tower, which reaches 300m.
5. Melbourne is home to the globe’s first LGBTQ radio station.
6. Australia’s famous vegemite spread was invented in Melbourne and is still only manufactured there.
7. Melbourne has the world’s longest Chinese dragon, which is 100m long and located in Chinatown.
8. It’s the only city on earth with five international-standard sporting facilities.
9. Melbourne was once called Batmania after the colonist John Batman.
10. The largest Italian and Greek populations in the world outside their own countries live in Melbourne.