The multicultural, metropolitan city of Toronto is a gem among international cities. To capture some of the city’s magic, we’ve assembled the 7 unforgettable Toronto quotes we think capture what this city is all about. If you have any questions, just ask Drake.
1. “The fact that over 50 per cent of the residents of Toronto are not from Canada, that is always a good thing, creatively, and for food especially. That is easily a city’s biggest strength, and it is Toronto’s unique strength.” -Anthony Bourdain
2. “I like B.C. because it’s so beautiful, but I think Toronto’s the greatest place because every corner of the world is here.” -Rupi Kaur
3. “The city had been built by people from innumerable elsewheres. It was a chaos of cultures ordered only by its long streets. It belonged to no one and never would, or maybe it was a million cities in one, unique to each of its inhabitants, belonging to whoever walked its streets.” -André Alexis
4. “If people ask me, ‘What do you think could improve in Toronto dining,’ I’d say there’s nothing to improve on.” -David Chang
5. “Toronto is a special city, and the environment is perfect for the arts; free and alive. I’m a New Yorker, and Toronto reminds me of a much cleaner New York, so it’s like coming home after your mom just cleaned your room for you; for me that’s a lovely environment.” -Emory Cohen
6. “I just remember a time when there was an extreme obsession with American culture and that’s where all the superstars and rap was but for me I always was like no there’s things here that the world needs to see. I was never just proud but fascinated with this city, with the island influence we have here, the way people talk, the way people carry themselves, the little trends, but my Toronto that I grew up in was always what I wanted to put on the forefront if I ever got the chance.” -Drake
7. “A lot of people don’t know this, but Toronto is probably the most multicultural city in North America.” -Stephen Amell
Now that these 7 Toronto quotes have inspired you, apply now to intern abroad there!