9 unforgettable Chicago quotes
From deep dish pizza to The Bean, Chicago is a charismatic and friendly city that has attracted professionals, writers and travelers from around the world. Discover the Windy City’s magic for yourself with these 9 unforgettable Chicago quotes.
1. “I give you Chicago. It is not London and Harvard. It is not Paris and buttermilk. It is American in every chitling and sparerib. It is alive from snout to tail.” ―H. L. Mencken
2. “…a city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.” ―Nelson Algren, Chicago: City on the Make
3. “Yet once you’ve come to be part of this particular patch, you’ll never love another. Like loving a woman with a broken nose, you may well find lovelier lovelies. But never a lovely so real.” ―Nelson Algren, Chicago: City on the Make
4. “That weekend the city blushed with a great heat wave but on Monday it rained, cooling the ache in the street’s burn.” ―Daniel Amory, Minor Snobs
5. “Eventually, I think Chicago will be the most beautiful great city left in the world.” ―Frank Lloyd Wright
6. “It is hopeless for the occasional visitor to try to keep up with Chicago-she outgrows his prophecies faster than he can make them. She is always a novelty; for she is never the Chicago you saw when you passed through the last time.” ―Mark Twain, Life On The Mississippi 1883
7. “Anywhere in the world you hear a Chicago bluesman play, it’s a Chicago sound born and bred.” ―Ralph Metcalfe
8. “I must confess a shameful secret: I love Chicago best in the cold.” ―Erik Larson, The Devil in the White City: Murder, Magic, and Madness at the Fair That Changed America
9. “Let me tell your something. I’m from Chicago. I don’t break.” ―Barack Obama
Now that you’ve been inspired by these 9 unforgettable Chicago quotes, apply now and boost your career in the Windy City!
Photo 2. based on Chicago, United States – Cityscape travel photography, by Giuseppe Milo, CC-by-2.0
Photo 3. based on Wet – Chicago, United States – Color street photography, by Giuseppe Milo, CC-by-2.0