Cobblestone streets, centuries of history and architecture and some of the world’s tastiest culinary traditions – Europe has so much to offer an intern abroad. The continent’s rich cultural history, openness and impressive diversity make it an attractive place to travel, explore and make friends. Don’t miss out on the opportunity to expand your horizons, boost your career and make lifelong friendships with people from all over the world. Get motivated by our favorite inspirational travel quotes about Europe.
1. “Sir, when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford.” -Samuel Johnson, The Life of Samuel Johnson LL.D. Vol 3
2. “Paris is always a good idea.” -Audrey Hepburn
3. “Tea at the Ritz is the last delicious morsel of Edwardian London. The light is kind, the cakes are frivolous and the tempo is calm, confident and leisurely.” -Helen Simpson, The London Ritz Book of Afternoon Tea
4. “The thought of going abroad makes my heart leap,” (Charles) Sumner wrote. “I feel, when I commune with myself about it, as when dwelling on the countenance and voice of a lovely girl. I am in love with Europa.” -David McCullough, The Greater Journey: Americans in Paris
5. “My Dad says that being a Londoner has nothing to do with where you’re born. He says that there are people who get off a jumbo jet at Heathrow, go through immigration waving any kind of passport, hop on the tube and by the time the train’s pulled into Piccadilly Circus they’ve become a Londoner.” -Ben Aaronovitch, Moon Over Soho
6. “I would sooner be a foreigner in Spain than in most countries. How easy it is to make friends in Spain!” –George Orwell
7. “Nobody had forgotten anything here. In Berlin, you had to wrestle with the past, you had to build on the ruins, inside them. It wasn’t like America where we scraped the earth clean, thinking we could start again every time. ” -Janet Fitch, White Oleander
8. “London has now become almost like a gigantic frog! With its long tongue it draws curious insects from all over the world inside itself!” -Mehmet Murat ildan, William Shakespeare
9. “In America, there’s a failure to appreciate Europe’s leading role in the world.” -Barack Obama
10. “Travel isn’t always pretty. It isn’t always comfortable. Sometimes it hurts, it even breaks your heart. But that’s okay. The journey changes you – it should change you. It leaves marks on your memory, on your consciousness, on your heart, and on your body. You take something with you… Hopefully, you leave something good behind.” -Anthony Bourdain
11. “If adventures do not befall a lady in her own village, she must seek them abroad.” -Jane Austen
12. “I like walking round London at night, I do it all the time. Not for no reason, just cos… it’s home, innit? It’s brilliant, you can’t ever get bored of London cos even if you live here for like a hundred and fifty years you still won’t ever know everything about it. There’s always something new. Like, you’re walking round somewhere you’ve known since you was born and you look up and there’s an old clock on the side of a building you never seen before, or there’s a little gargoyley face over a window or something. Don’t you think it’s cool?” ―Richard Rider, No Beginning, No End
13. “The English language is like London: proudly barbaric yet deeply civilized, too, common yet royal, vulgar yet processional, sacred yet profane. Each sentence we produce, whether we know it or not, is a mongrel mouthful of Chaucerian, Shakespearean, Miltonic, Johnsonian, Dickensian and American.” -Stephen Fry
Feeling motivated by these inspirational travel quotes about Europe? Apply now for an international internship in Europe to boost your career.
Sources: http://takelessons.com/blog/best-travel-quotes-z03, http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/tag/london?page=3, http://www.finestquotes.com/quotes/on/Europe/2, http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/tag/europe?page=2, http://www.autoeurope.com/blog/weekly-list/30-fantastic-quotes-about-travel