7 signs that you’ve been abroad for too long
Going abroad is an exciting experience that will change your life for the better. But if you’re not careful, it could also drive you a little, well…
You know that you’ve been abroad for too long when:
Because who doesn’t want to pretend they’re Sofia Vergara?
2. You start to really open up to the merits of the metric system.
(Don’t tell grandpa.)
3. You’re around so many nationalities, you’ve given up on greeting people in a normal person way.
Why do I feel like I’m perpetually on a first date?
4. When you see your national currency it looks strangely exotic.
5. Cab rides will inspire visions of driving in your car back home.
(Though you’ll admit the benefits of public transportation are not lost on you.)
6. Your stomach has finally adjusted to human size portions.
Fitting into your skinny jeans is almost worth the sacrifice. Almost.
7. When you overhear compatriots say they’re American, you’re just like…
Amurica is a continent ya’ll.
Apply now for an international internship to immerse yourself in a brand-new culture.
Sources: http://giphy.com/gifs/amy-poehler-tina-fey-high-five-2lB4XWVJLOTh6, http://giphy.com/gifs/food-hungry-G38AtGkMsd5U4, http://giphy.com/gifs/eye-roll-bitch-please-Fjr6v88OPk7U4, http://giphy.com/gifs/crazy-hand-shakira-NfZiJSw876Blm, http://giphy.com/gifs/yes-nodding-65iSZ7mVewQLe, http://giphy.com/gifs/modern-family-gloria-cam-tucker-lHGPvhoWVhfDa, http://giphy.com/gifs/culture-houston-lifestyle-8dNZXw6LOlgnm