Payments & Financing
In order for your child to confirm their place in the program, at least 50% of the outstanding balance needs to be paid within 30 days after we have received your child’s deposit. Any remainder is due within 21 days after we have confirmed your child’s internship role.
Notwithstanding any partial payment deadline previously given, once placement is confirmed, any and all remaining balance becomes due within 21 days. In all cases, all program fees must be paid before your child travels to their program destination. Participants who fail to meet this requirement, will receive none of the benefits of the Program. This includes, without limitation; placement in a confirmed Program, airport transfers and accommodation.
All programs include:
- Professional internship
- Accommodation (private bedroom in a good area)
- Professional Training Workshop (communication, teamwork and interpersonal skills)
- Professional development tool (DISC workplace assessment created by global leading HR Firm DDI International)
- A personalized session with an Alumni Success Coach. *Eligible for interns interviewed after June 1st, 2017.
- Intercultural Competence Training series to prepare your child for cultural differences
- Expert training materials on key topics to help you get the most out of your internship experience
- Airport pick-up & drop-off (private car that will bring you to your accommodation on your first day and then back to the airport on your final day)
- 24/7 emergency assistance from local staff
- Written pre-trip welcome pack
- Welcome orientation
- Welcome package including city maps, important program information & transportation card
- An active international community of interns in-country with regular events and activities organized
- Academic credit assistance (where required)
- Recommendations for flights and insurance
- Talkspace: Traveling abroad for an internship is a big step. The Intern Group partners with Talkspace to provide all our participants with fully anonymous access to a licensed online therapist for up to 3 months. This ensures your son or daughter will always have someone to talk to when adjusting to life in their new city.
For details about what is specifically included in each program, click the links below.
- London: What’s Included?
- Barcelona: What's Included?
- Dublin: What’s Included?
- Madrid: What’s Included?
- Australia: What’s Included?
- New York: What’s Included?
- Chicago: What's Included?
- Toronto: What's Included?
- California: What's Included?
- Chile: What's Included?
- Colombia: What’s Included?
- Hong Kong: What’s Included?
- Shanghai: What’s Included?
- Bangkok: What's Included?
- Tokyo: What's Included?
For a detailed breakdown of the program fee, please visit our Program Fees page.
The initial deposit is fully refundable if your child is not placed in their primary or secondary career fields. If they withdraw from the program for any other reason (besides our failure to be placed), they are not eligible for any refund. This includes, but is not limited to, medical, family, and academic reasons.
Please see more details on the cancellation policy below:
(a) Your initial deposit (“initial deposit”) is 500 British Pounds Sterling (abbreviated as GBP or £) regardless of destination. The initial deposit is for the sole purpose of reserving your position in the program and covering certain related administrative expenses. Upon receiving your initial deposit, The Intern Group agrees to place you in an internship by the placement deadline.
(b) Upon payment of your initial deposit, you agree to fully co-operate with The Intern Group in its attempts to find you a placement and agree to do so until the passing of the placement deadline. Examples of non-cooperation include, but are not limited to, not actively working with your assigned representatives from The Intern Group, skipping or missing scheduled internship interviews, not engaging in internship discussions with your internship coordinator, not responding to The Intern Group communications in a timely manner, allowing the placement process to be delayed due to missing agreed payment due dates and unreasonably refusing internships offered to you.
(c) If The Intern Group is unable to place you in an internship role in your preference area before the placement deadline, you will be given the option (i) to drop out of the program and receive a refund of your initial deposit and all other program payments made by you (“full refund”), or (ii) to request that The Intern Group continue the search process until you are placed; and if The Intern Group is still unable to place you within the extended time, you will receive a full refund.
(d) However, if you withdraw from the Program for any reason before the placement deadline other than The Intern Group’s failure to place you by the placement deadline in your preferred career fields, or if The Intern Group determines, in its sole discretion, that you did not fully cooperate in the placement process at any time before the placement deadline, The Intern Group will be entitled to 100% of your initial deposit. If you withdraw from the Program for any reason after being placed with a partner organization, The Intern Group will be entitled to 100% of your initial deposit and 50% of the program fee. If notice is received by us less than 21 days before the commencement date, The Intern Group will be entitled to 100% of your initial deposit and 100% of the program fee. All requests for refunds must be received in writing within 30 days of withdrawal.
Application & Interview
First, your child must apply to our program by filling out an application and signing up for an interview with a member of our admissions team. We will talk to your son or daughter about what they are looking to do and what their goals are to make sure that this program would be a good fit for them.
For more details about the application and interview, look at our How it Works page.
We aim to develop an innovative and culturally sensitive new generation ready to tackle the global issues that affect the world today and tomorrow.
We value adventure, open mindedness, broad horizons and an international mindset. We also value academic excellence and those who think outside the box. We generate a flow of top minds to our partner companies, NGOs, hospitals and governments.
After your child’s interview, our admissions team will be in touch within 3 business days to let them know if they’ve been successful or not.
Your child will come back from their program with a global network of friends and professional contacts that can be leveraged in the future. Because our program hosts participants from over 90 countries, your child with interact with people from all over the world. Professional networks will also be formed at your child’s work placement.
Reverse Culture Shock
Many people have minor problems when re-entering their home country after living abroad for an extended amount of time. They will face a readjustment period that is completely normal. If your child has this experience, encourage them to engage in local communities or join clubs at their university with other like-minded people who have lived abroad.
Please make sure that your son or daughter is aware of the visa regulations for each country. We advise applying for the program 2-3 months before the desired start date to account for visa processing, depending on the country.
Make sure that your child’s insurance plan will cover them overseas. If it doesn’t provide sufficient coverage internationally, we offer a discounted insurance plan through our exclusive partnership with Compass, a leader in providing comprehensive coverage for exchange programs around the globe.
Click here for more information.