Select your DESTINATION from the drop-down menu. Our programs start at under $2000.
Program start dates
Programs are available all-year-round on a rolling admission schedule with the following start dates:
The cost of the program is fixed in US Dollars (USD).
*Program fees do not include visa fees (except for Hong Kong), flights, insurance or daily food & drink.
We offer a variety of payment plans to accommodate your needs. From monthly installments to smaller amounts over longer periods of time, these are just some of the options from which you can choose. None of our payment plans incur extra charges. You can request more information about our payment plans during your interview.
Need based financial aid
$500 off if you receive the following:
- US: Pell Grant
- UK: Maintenance Loan or Maintenance Grant of over £8200
- Australia: Youth Allowance
- Canada: Canada Student Grant (CSG)
- Hong Kong: Tertiary Student Finance Scheme (TSFS) or Financial Assistance Scheme for Post-secondary Students (FASP)
We offer discounts for applicants looking to intern abroad in a group with friends, family members or others.
If you do the program and bring 1 friend with you, each of you will receive a $300 USD discount.
If you do the program and bring 2 friends with you, each of you will receive a $500 USD discount.
4 or more people
If you do the program and bring 3 or more friends with you, each of you will receive an $800 USD discount.
Traveling in a bigger group?
Speak with your Admissions Officer to find out about other group discounts.
Merit based society discounts
10% discount if you’re a member of:
- Beta Gamma Sigma
- Mu Kappa Tau
5% discount if you’re a member of:
- Golden Key International Honour Society
$300 discount if you’re a member of:
- Center for Interim Programs
- Banyan Global
$200 discount if you’re a member of:
alumni discount (programs starting in June or July)
alumni discount (programs starting outside of June and July)
for referring a friend who does the program
sibling discount (benefit from a $1000 discount if your sibling has previously done the program)
The Intern Group’s Global Leadership Grants
We provide internal scholarships and grants to help outstanding candidates to realize their potential every year. The application process for our 2021 Global Leadership Grants will open in October 2020.
In addition to applying for these scholarships, grants and discounts, there are also lots of ways to fund your program. Many of our participants have found it useful to create a crowdfunding page on GoFundMe, for instance. Others have also saved money by subletting their apartment on Airbnb while they did the program. If you have any additional questions about how you might be able to fund your program, don’t hesitate to reach out to our Admissions team in your interview process, as they will be able to guide you in the direction of applying for resources that may apply to you.
International Education grants and scholarships
Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship
Federal Student Aid scholarship database of the US government
Your state educational grant agency
The Fund for Education Abroad
Go Overseas Study & Intern Abroad Scholarship
Luce Scholars Program
The Asian Cultural Council
Council on International Education Exchange
Zibby Garnett Travel Fellowship
Royal Geographical Society grants
University of Birmingham Student Vacation and Travel Scholarships
University of St Andrews Travel Scholarships
Cardiff University International Scholarship Fund
University of Glasgow scholarships
University of Wales Trinity Saint David
BUTEX-affiliated universities and institutions
Application Process & Tuition Schedule
- No application fee.
- Submit application online.
- Schedule an interview by phone or skype with our admissions team.
- Evaluation of your interview and resume/CV by our admissions team.
- If you are accepted into the program, congratulations!
- Confirm your place in the program by making a deposit of 800 British Pounds, for our in-person programs, and a deposit of 400 British Pounds, for our virtual program. Our money-back guarantee covers you through the entire process.
3. Half of balance due
- 50% of your remaining fee is due within 30 days of enrollment.
4. Remaining balance due
- You will be asked to pay the remaining balance within 21 days of having your internship role confirmed.
5. Pack your bags
- You are ready to start the adventure of a lifetime!