$2000 USD Global Leadership Grant to Colombia
The Intern Group Scholarships for 2020
The Global Leadership Grant to Colombia provides partial funding for a student or recent graduate to intern abroad in Colombia. An international internship in the emerging market of Medellin is invaluable. Interns benefit from exposure to a new culture, professional experience, and a global network.
- Covers approximately 50% of a 6-week summer program fee in Colombia ($2,000 USD).
- Recipients can go on a program longer than 6-weeks but receive no more than $2,000 USD. If you’ve already applied and submitted the full program fee via the normal application process, this grant will reimburse you for $2,000 USD of the overall summer program fee.
To be eligible for the global leadership grant to Colombia, applicant must be:
- A full-time student (undergraduate or masters) or recent graduate
- Applying to only one Global Leadership Grant
- Willing to document their experience in the form of four written blogs or video blogs or a combination of the two
- Submit an essay responding to the following prompt in 650 words or less:
“ What does global leadership mean to you? Why should you receive a Global Leadership Grant from The Intern Group? This is your time to provide insight into who you are behind the resume.”
- Letter(s) of recommendation
- (Optional) Provide proof of financial need through previously received grants, federal aid or other forms of student financial aid. Send an image with your application of the financial aid letter. Our funding page shows accepted forms of financial aid.
Candidates must submit all application requirements:
the essay, letter of recommendation, CV/resume and proof of financial need via the online application form. Strong applicants show:
The application is due February 7th, 2020. Applications are not considered after the deadline.
- February 17th, 2020: Invitations to the shortlist are sent
- February 28th, 2020: Shortlisted candidates need to upload a video in which they respond to a career-focused question (1 minute 30 seconds in length). This question is specified at the time of shortlisting with further detail when applicants are contacted.
- March 9th, 2020: The winner of the Global Leadership Grant is announced.
If the selected recipient doesn’t confirm their place on the program by placing a deposit of 800 GBP by March 16th, the Global Leadership Grant will be awarded to the runner up. Program fees do not include visa fees, flights, in-country transportation, insurance or daily food & drink. The recipient is responsible for all finances beyond the $2,000 USD grant.
The 2020 application cycle is now closed.