Our internships in Barcelona offer comprehensive professional development and cultural immersion for outstanding candidates from all over the world. We offer internships in Barcelona across all career fields and are proud to partner with a range of leading companies and organizations.
Barcelona is the cultural and industrial hub of Spain that will leave you wanting more. An internship in Barcelona offers successful applicants the chance to gain invaluable professional experience in one of the most important cities in Europe, all while growing their global network and boosting their resume. The opportunities are endless in this city. Our Barcelona internship program will set you apart in competitive job markets around the world.
If you are looking to visit Europe and launch your career with a leading internship, Barcelona is the obvious choice. Barcelona is an international hub for business, fashion, manufacturing, media, tourism, biotechnology and science. Those accepted onto our Barcelona internship program have the chance to gain vital professional experience and industry exposure on a global level.
Our program offers much more than a leading internship. Barcelona is one of the most important and impressive cities in Europe and we want you to find out why. We provide all of the support necessary to ensure that your experience is professionally and personally rewarding. Quality accommodation, advanced professional training, cultural and social events, and 24/7 local support are all included in your Barcelona internship program.
You will form lifelong friendships with other program participants, forge long-lasting connections in Barcelona, and become part of our global alumni network after the program.
Due to the exclusivity of our partner companies, it must be noted that our Barcelona internship program is selective.
Apply today for an internship in Barcelona and gain a major head start with The Intern Group.
As Featured In:
About Barcelona, Spain
The captivating capital of Catalonia attracts visitors from all over the world thanks to its cosmopolitan vibe, creative flair and perfect location on the mediterranean coast. Birthplace to some of the world’s most famous artists and architects, such as Gaudí, Dalí and Miró to name a few, Catalonia is recognized as a visionary region and its capital, Barcelona, a bohemian paradise.
There is no better city for your international internship, whatever your interests are. Barcelona is admired for its artistic flair and creative energy. If your interests lie in the creative fields, Barcelona is the burst of inspiration that you need to set yourself apart from your peers. As one of the world’s economic and industrial hubs, Barcelona is also the perfect place for those pursuing careers in business, engineering or energy. Barcelona is also a perfect fit for those looking to gain experience in the biotechnology field, due to the large number of pharmaceutical laboratories and companies based there. As the proud home to Europe’s largest cruise port, it is also the ideal location for those looking to break into the hospitality, tourism or events field. There really is something for everybody in Barcelona.
Roam down La Rambla, get lost in the labyrinthine Gothic Quarter or head over to Barceloneta and relax on the beach. The city offers a selection of art, design and architecture like no other. It is no surprise that it is the only city in history to have been awarded the Royal Gold Medal for architecture. Tour around the city ticking Barcelona’s nine astonishing UNESCO World Heritage Sites off your list, seven of which were created by Gaudí.
Stand in awe of the Sagrada Familia, soak in the breathtaking view from Parc Güell or lose yourself in the layers of Casa Batlló.
From FC Barcelona’s global dominance on the pitch, to its status as one of Europe’s most visited cities, Barcelona’s reputation as a global player is well deserved. The most beautiful buildings in the world draped alongside the mediterranean will be the inspirational backdrop to your life-changing international internship.
EU nationals are not required to obtain study visas to study/intern in Spain.
Visas are not required for courses of less than 90 days (i.e. 12 weeks) for nationals of some countries. Please consult your Spanish consulate to find out whether your country is included.
- Consult your local Spanish Embassy or Consulate about Spanish study visa requirements for your country at least 120 days prior to departure.
- Enroll with Intern Barcelona advising us of your nationality and your country’s specific study visa requirements, if any exist. Please note prior to granting a Spanish study visa, your local Spanish Embassy will require Intern Barcelona to confirm that your Spanish program and accommodation fees have been paid for in full.
- Intern Barcelona will send you a Certificate of Enrollment (Study Visa Invitation letter) by email.
Certificate of Enrollment – your “study visa invitation”
This will be required by your local Spanish Embassy or Consulate prior to issuing a study visa. The document is evidence that you are enrolled in a course and will state your name, the course details, your accommodation details, the dates of study and confirmation of the amount paid for the course and accommodation fees. It is signed by the Intern Barcelona Director.
Spanish Study Visa Application
The application should be made at least three months before your departure date.
It is the local Spanish Embassy/Consulate who makes all decisions regarding the granting of study visas and their decision is final.
Typical Visa Requirements
The following documentation is required to be submitted to your local Spanish embassy by you in person or by your legal representative. Note: requirements change depending which consulate you are going to.
- Passport valid for a minimum of six months with three photocopies of the personal information and photo page
- 4 recent pictures, passport size
- Completed Spanish study visa application form
- Proof of admission to Intern Barcelona as a full-time student (provided by Intern Barcelona)
- Private health insurance policy
- Original medical certificate typed on doctor stationary verifying that the applicant is free from the following quarantine diseases: yellow fever, cholera, and the plague. The certificate must also certify that the applicant is free of drug addictions and mental illness. A translation into Spanish must be provided
- Confirmation that accommodation details while in Spain have been paid for in full (provided by Intern Barcelona)
- Proof of financial means for the period of study in Spain. This could be:
- Certificate of enrollment from Intern Barcelona stating educational and living expenses have been paid for in advance, or
- Notarized letter of parents/custodians, assuming financial responsibility while student is in Spain, or
- Current statement of the student’s bank account with a minimum balance of $1000 per month of stay in Spain or $1000 worth of travelers checks per month of stay in Spain.
Rules and regulations for visas change constantly. Whilst we make every effort to keep abreast of changes, we cannot guarantee that the information above is accurate or complete. We cannot accept any responsibility or be held liable for your visa application and we strongly recommend that you contact your local Spanish Embassy or Consulate as early as possible to ensure that you are aware of the requirements for your country and have all necessary documentation.
Private Bedroom in a Shared Accommodation
Included in Every Program
All participants on The Intern Group program automatically benefit from a host of unique advantages.
In addition to a professional internship placement and housing, our internship Barcelona program provides you with the following:
A full array of top class professional development resources. The focus of our international internship programs is on participants’ personal and professional growth. Alongside developing the independence and cultural awareness of living and working in a new country, our program places equal emphasis on the enhancement of the skills and experience required to fulfill their career ambitions. There are 3 key components to our professional development suite.
- Workplace skills workshop focusing on many areas including professional development and core communication skills required to succeed in any environment
- Self assessment HR tool typically reserved for CEOs and corporate leaders
- A wide array of training materials to ensure you have the guidance and support to maximize the benefit of your internship experience.
- A personalized, one hour session with a professional Alumni Success Coach. Our experienced career coaches specialize in a wide variety of topics ranging from landing your dream job, to Linkedin branding and negotiating salaries. You choose from our portfolio of experts who you would like to guide you through your next steps after your international internship. *Eligible for interns interviewed after June 1st, 2017.
Transportation in Barcelona: We provide you with a pre-loaded transportation card for the first month of your stay, giving you free use of Barcelona’s metro system, buses and trains for your work commute! With your first month’s work commute covered, you can focus on settling into this amazing city and excelling in your internship.
A full calendar of social and cultural events: Our full-time local team in Barcelona knows the city inside out and will show you the best of it. The internship Barcelona program includes a series of exciting events including:
- Gaudi La Pedrera spectacular night tour
Feast your senses on the multi-sensory magnificence of a 1.5-hour multimedia event within Antoni Gaudi’s La Pedrera.
- Girona, Figueres and Dali Museum Day Trip
Discover medieval Girona and the Dali Museum in Figueres, where the artist Salvador Dalí was born, on this day trip from Barcelona. View the flamboyant, egg-topped exterior of the Dali Theatre-Museum and explore its collection of paintings, sculptures and jewelry.
An active international community in Barcelona where optional gatherings are constantly planned. At all times of the year we have large numbers of talented participants on our programs from all over the world. You will immediately become part of an international community, providing you with friends and networks to last a lifetime.
Great support from our full-time local team with local expertise, from start to finish. Our full-time team in Barcelona are all experts on the city and are incredibly proud of it– they want to show you why. They will organize your airport pick-up when you arrive in Barcelona as well as your airport drop-off at the end of your internship.
Traveling abroad for your internship is a big step. The Intern Group partners with Talkspace to provide all our participants with fully anonymous access to a licensed online therapist for up to 3 months. This ensures you'll always have someone to talk to when adjusting to life in your new city.
This is the Barcelona Experience. The Intern Group in Barcelona will make sure that you have all of the resources necessary for your professional development and cultural immersion. We want you to work hard but also have the time of your life. Your internship program in Barcelona includes a wide range of cultural and social events. Check out our participants in Barcelona:
Dates & Program fees
*Note: The cost of the program is fixed in Euros (EURO). The approximate equivalents in other currencies are displayed here only for your convenience.*
|Convert fees to|
Program fees do not include visa fees, flights, insurance or daily food & drink.
Program Start Dates
Programs are available all-year-round on a rolling admission schedule with the following start dates:
Alumni Discount – If you have already completed an internship program with us in the past, you are eligible for an Alumni Discount*.
*10% Alumni Discount for program start dates year round excluding peak season (June and July).
*5% Alumni Discount for program start dates in June and July.
Discount for Financial Aid Recipients–
- If you are a college student in the US receiving a Pell Grant, you are eligible for a 500 USD discount off any of our programs.
- If you are a college or university student in the UK receiving a Maintenance Loan of over £8200 or a Maintenance Grant, you are eligible for a 500 USD discount off any of our programs.
- If you are a college or university student in Australia receiving Youth Allowance, you are eligible for a 500 USD discount off any of our programs.
- If you are a college or university student in Canada receiving the Canada Student Grant (CSG), you are eligible for a 500 USD discount off any of our programs.
- If you are a college or university student in Hong Kong receiving the Tertiary Student Finance Scheme (TSFS) or Financial Assistance Scheme for Post-secondary Students (FASP), you are eligible for a 500 USD discount off any of our programs.
Please view our financing page for more information on funding your international internship program.
To see if you’re eligible for the Barcelona Program, please click here.
Please see our Terms & Conditions for full details.
No application fee.
Submit application online.
Schedule an interview by phone or skype with our admissions team.
Evaluation of your interview and resume/CV by our admissions team.
If you are accepted into the program, congratulations!
Confirm your place in the program by making a deposit of 600 British Pounds.
Half of balance due
50% of your remaining fee is due within 30 days of enrollment. Our money-back guarantee covers you through the entire process.
remaining balance due
You will be asked to pay the remaining balance within 21 days of having your internship role confirmed.
pack your bags
You are ready to start the adventure of a lifetime!