Visa information for Toronto
Obtaining a visa is one of the most challenging and daunting aspects about going abroad. However, The Intern Group’s inclusive package enables every participant the access to our experienced visa specialists. We are here every step of the way towards a successful application, and make your visa process straightforward and stress-free.
- You must hold a nationality on this list HERE or be a US citizen.
- You must be aged between 18 – 35.
- You must hold a passport with at least 12 months validity by the program start date.
- You must demonstrate sufficient personal financial standing (CAD 2500+ or equivalent).
- You must hold a travel insurance plan with at least 3 months coverage.
- The procedure is to first secure an invitation to the visa application pool, then apply for a POE Introduction Letter online. When you enter Canada, border control will issue an Open Work Permit.
- The visa is subject to an annual quota which is allocated based on Immigration, Refugees & Citizenship Canada (IRCC) lottery system. You can check the likelihood of acceptance HERE. ***
- Online application is acceptable. From the moment IRCC invite you to apply, the entire process takes about 2-3 months to complete.
- A medical examination may be required.
- Visa cost is around CAD 250. The Intern Group’s program fee does not cover the government cost and other associated expenses regarding this visa application.
*** If the application pool is open but you are unsuccessful in the lottery result for the year, The Intern Group allows you to credit all program fees received by us towards future experiences in our program (in Toronto or elsewhere, or a Virtual Internship). Otherwise, you may also request a full refund of your program fee. Other Terms & Conditions apply.
- Working Holiday Visa
Immigration regulations are constantly changing so please be advised that the above information may change at any time.